What breed are my rescued torts

Cupquake

Location (City and/or State)
Spain
Hi guys

i live in spain and have recently rescued these two torts, the previous owner was in his 80s and has downsized his home he could only tell me they are 'african torts' hes been feeding mostly lettuce and tomatoes and i previously had a russian torts which lived on weeds and flowers.

can anyone tell me what type they are so i can start to research the correct diet , hes had torts for 50 odd years and im sure his torts were happy but i want to get them off lettuce as i know its bad for them ive included a picture of an 18 month old he had and then one of my big babies he thinks they are 6 years old

does any one else live in spain? im wondering if any typical spanish flowers can be eaten so i can start to grow in my garden

Thankyou in advance on behalf of Drogo and Khaleesi xx

tort1.png tort 2.png

Cupquake

Spain
heres a picture of one this morning :) the shell measures about 5inch wide and 7.5 long and i was told they around 6 ..thanks

Attachments

• tort3.jpg
    tort3.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 13

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
For the other(s) you can attached a picture of the shell and the belly please?
Then we should be able to tell what the subspecies is. :)

Saludos ;)

Cupquake

Spain
i have taken pictures of both and then of one next to each other if you can tell me the sex that would be awesome , the one we have named a male (drogo) is very active and roams alot and eats alot , the one who we named a female is asleep in her den alot in comparison she doesnt eat as much either , do i need to by any suppliments for them will get some cuttle for calcium , thankyou in advance xx

Attachments

• drogo.jpg
    drogo.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • drogo2.jpg
    drogo2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • Dtop,Kbottom.jpg
    Dtop,Kbottom.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Care and feeding for your greek tortoises is the same as it is for your Russian tortoises.