What ate the Hens and Chickens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBreezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
My mom had a beautiful planter full of Hens and Chickens on her front patio. I have been looking forward to planting some offshoots in my yard for Tortellini. But something has eaten them all out of the planter!! I cannot imagine what it would have been. Would a squirrel do that?? We live on the river in northeast Florida, and do see raccoons and o'possums, but they typically seem more interested in the garbage cans than anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Interesting...I've never had them munched on before. Wild turtles?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Could be any one of hundreds of herbivores. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, birds, etc...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Tom said:
Could be any one of hundreds of herbivores. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, birds, etc...

I was thinking bunnies. Not that I care honestly, but we have a bunch of buns living under the deck and they chowed down a mature hosta plant to nubs in a matter of a night. Also earlier this year we bought an apple tree and it fell over during the night before we planted it and the buns ate it to nubs also, somehow it survived though. :D

RiverBreezy

5 Year Member
Florida
No deer, and it's been a long time since my mom says she's seen any rabbits. So I think those 2 possibilities are out. I hadn't considered that a bird might do it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.