What are the chances?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Just a cool thing that actually happened;

My sweetheart is an Elementary school teacher so this time of year is always "difficult". This year as treat for Kerry, we took a mini-vac a couple of weeks ago out to the Shenandoah valley in VA for a long weekend away from home, about 100 miles from my home.

While there on the second day, I got on the elevator with a women older than I, we went up to the 2nd fl and both got off. How long could ANY conversation have lasted? 1 minute? maybe 2?

In that time, we both learned that she taught at the same middle school in another State, in the same year that I began going there as a student! She nearly dropped to the floor when I asked her about "our" principal, Mrs Farrell...."the old coot" as we all called her....................FIFTY YEARS AGO! Yup.....71-72 school year. Of course the conversation lasted several more minutes as we talked about the other teachers and students.....wow!

Not only was this in itself amazing, but if we hadn't both been extroverts, we might have missed this really cool thing...............enjoy life guys, there's no "resets" or "do-overs"!

Any calc majors? What are the chances that we even ran into one another.....and what were the chances that we were able to find the only thread of commonality in such a minute` portion of time?

jeff

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
One of those "small world" stories!