Westwego/New Orleans reptile show May 30-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
May 30-31: Westwego Louisiana Reptile & Exotic Pet Show, Alario Center, 2000 Segnette Blvd. www.gilaproductions.com for directions & information.

Info is from June 2009 "Reptiles" magazine

Patsy

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Is anyone going to this show? I will be there with my Tortoise forum t-shirt on and 2 grand daughters & maybe a grandson in tow.
It usually doesn't have many torts but sometimes has supplies...I hope they have some UVB bulbs. They always have crickets for sale and lots of snakes.
Patsy

iridedumped

5 Year Member
will they have any torts? what do they usually have? im debating on whether i should head out or not. i never been to a show.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I went to the show & took my 3 grand children with me. They loved it. They had lots of snakes and water turtles, some bearded dragons, geckos, quite a few inexpensive monitors, redfoots, a couple of Russians with very poor shells, a few leopard tortoises, various lizards, taranchulas, scorpions, a few supplies for enclosures, crickets for $15 per thousand, (I asked if he'd take $11 cause that is what I pay for them at Southern Cricket, and he agreed),glass terrariums & aquariums with decent prices. They had a bird show and a couple of alligators to have your picture taken with. They had a big Sulcata roaming around with a bucket on his back for donations for the alligator guy. A couple of young teens were trying to feed it nachos. I snatched it away & told them it would make him sick. The boy said they are a pretty hardy tort. I told him, I knew they were hardy if they are taken care of properly. I walked away & they put some more nacho down. I snatched it up & told them with a bit of a tone not to put any more down. I then went to the owner & told him what was going on. He thanked me & said they were short handed & that usually someone followed him around to be sure he didn't get into trouble. He had one of his people bring him closer so he could be watched easier.

They had a small concession stand with expensive stuff for sale!

Even if you don't spend money except to get in, it is worth it just to go look around.

I got a young Redfoot. I'm hoping it is female, as I already have a male. And I got some crickets. I was disappointed that they only had bird t-shirts. They usually have lizard & tortoise shirts. I always get a couple.
You will enjoy it.
Patsy

iridedumped

5 Year Member
sounds like it was fun. i'll probably head out to san antonio this weekend for their reptile expo.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I wish it wasn't so far for me to drive to S.A. I'd love to go to another one. Have fun & let us know what is there & what you buy so we can be jealous!!
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.