We're NEW can you tell?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiseTWENTYfour7

5 Year Member
Hello fellow tortoise lovers,

This is our first post (obviously) but let us introduce ourselves. My name is Bronson and I'm a college student from Sedgwick County Kansas. My cold blooded friend is classified as Stigmochelys pardalis so for those of you NOT fluent in latin it's an African Leopard Tortoise. I am not POSITIVE on the sex and have yet to name it lest it be sexually confused. : ] I think it's a female but any help with sexing would be much appreciated. I have had him/her for going on a year now this month so I have a pretty good handle on caring for my tortoise but I'm always willing to learn more. Any tips or advice would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,
Bronson

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Welcome! Do you know hold old your leopard is? They sometimes can be hard to sex for sure until they are a few years old. We would love to see pictures of your tort. Post some pictures and I'm sure someone here will be glad to help you out with the sex.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Welcome! I would love to see pictures of the tort and set up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome Bronson. I've got a few leopards myself. Post a straight on pic of the anal scute and tail region and we can all play the "guess the sex" game. Jeff is right about the age, but its fun anyway.

I use http://tinypic.com/ to post pics. Its really easy and you don't have to have an account or anything.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hi Bronson welcome to the TFO looking forward to seeing some pic's of your leo:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Bronson:

Welcome to the forum!!

What is your major?

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Welcome. Looking Forward to seeing pics.

Do you know is he/she is geochelone pardalis pardalis or geochelone pardalis babcocki?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* I look forward to seeing how your Leo is patterned and learning more about the two of you. Welcome. :D

tortoiseTWENTYfour7

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone you guys are making me feel very welcome!

Sorry no picks until I get my cannon back. It should only be s week or so. I tried taking some pics with my old camera but they aren't vey flattering of my tortoise at all. My major is business administration. I will defiantly post pics as soon as I get ahold of my camera.

Thanks everyone for being so nice what kind of torts does everyone and how old are they?

Bronson

5 Year Member
Wichita, Kansas
Hey everyone,
It's the same Bronson I assure you. When I made that name I was trying to be all anonymous but everyone is so nice and personal on here I figured I might as well use my real name to avoid any confusion.

Sorry for the hassle,
Thanks again
Bronson

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
I like your real name as a forum nickname better. :) Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.