Well we need food

polDurna

Location (City and/or State)
New Castle, PA.
My current "indoor box" for my 2 RF(M,F 10yrs) is the size of a queen bed with lots of things for them to get lost in between and is heavily planted. When their last enclosure had a major blowout we separated them and they both stopped eating... We built the new habitat with the availability to be divided. But we put them in together for the first time in 2 months they looked at each other, made clucking noises and then promptly turned backs on the other and went in 2 different directions. They both gained the lost 50+ grams back in no time and happily generally ignore each other even sleeping in separate hides by choice, eating by their own hides and only "socializing" in their pond - clucking.... but this seems to be the NOT normal for a pair of torts. Their outdoor pen is even bigger. If they had not lost the weight and been fairly despondent separately we would not have kept them together again.

That being said they generally share my 10yr old's Gluten Free diet (Claire is picky, the RF are not) with added tortoise wildflower hay mix from TortoiseSupply.

Good Luck!

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
If running out of weeds you can also volunteer to take some from neighbors yards and raise various things in a garden. Also can check various markets for reject produce.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey Tom what type of protein and how often for the redfoots we do eggs now.
For my Redfoots I do chicken, shrimp, sardines, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, Earthworms, crickets, and sometimes low fat cat food. I usually do protein about once a week.