welcoming home my new Redfoot Boris

Max138

Location (City and/or State)
chicago
I just brought home a little boy redfoot tortoise about a year and a half old. Needless to say the pet store I got him from made it sound much easier to care for him than what he actually is and he was an "on a whim" purchase. I've pulled together some really great advice so far and luckily I have a close friend who's had a red foot for 30 something years who's helping out. We live in Chicago, so winter is dry and cruddy and getting his indoor enclosure to the right temp and humidity levels has been a struggle and I had some concerns about him being dehydrated. Needless to say I think we're good now. He hates his daily soaks and that I've replaced his hiding log with a humid box (he wouldn't go in the humid box of his log was there. The pet store sent it home with us since that was like his security lovie) but he's looking much better. We have a wellness visit with the vet scheduled for follow up. Looking forward to some quality bonding time with the little dude this weekend. Hopefully he decides I'm not so bad because I'm pretty sure he's not a fan of me at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_201954.jpg
    IMG_20160224_201954.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 30