Welcome home, Bertha!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
I welcomed another rescue Russian into my creep.

IMG_20201201_144012~2.jpg

Bertha came from a home that loved her but was being forced to move and pare down their lifestyle (shedding pets and all of their belongings that wouldn't fit in their station wagon) due to Covid.

She got a nice long soak while I prepared her quarantine home, then got weighed and measured and examined prior to a homecoming banquet of greens, Mazuri, and a bit of butternut squash.

Jamie

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT

View attachment 312072

Bertha came from a home that loved her but was being forced to move and pare down their lifestyle (shedding pets and all of their belongings that wouldn't fit in their station wagon) due to Covid.

She got a nice long soak while I prepared her quarantine home, then got weighed and measured and examined prior to a homecoming banquet of greens, Mazuri, and a bit of butternut squash.

Jamie
She’s beautiful!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

View attachment 312072

Jamie
I'm so glad you're able to take her in. Hopefully it's at least some comfort to the family that loved her that she'll have a great home with you. :)

Thank you for mentioning quarantine. It requires more space and more effort, but it's the right thing to do (and the right way to do it). ?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I sent a pic of her along with a thank you to her former family, and they seemed happy to hear about, and see, her in her new digs.

I've been surprised by how quickly she adapted to her new home... other new torts I've brought into my home seemed to hide and grump for a few weeks, but Bertha has been eating and exploring and watching me write since I put her in her quarantine quarters.

Jamie

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

View attachment 312072

Jamie

jamie,
You are just sooooo awesome!
Thank you for being this torts hero!
Not many out there would have rescued a tort....
Here’s to a great new home for her!
Cheers! ????

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I'm hoping for some eggs next year, although I don't know if Chili is too old or lived to long under rough conditions to be a viable father.

Jamie

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I sent a pic of her along with a thank you to her former family, and they seemed happy to hear about, and see, her in her new digs.

I've been surprised by how quickly she adapted to her new home... other new torts I've brought into my home seemed to hide and grump for a few weeks, but Bertha has been eating and exploring and watching me write since I put her in her quarantine quarters.

Jamie

Well.... look at the gourmet food she is getting!!
I swear... if I didn’t know those were Mazuri pellets.. I would dive into that like it was a
Panera Salad bowl!!!! ?
Delicious!!!!!
You are a good mommy!