Weird Behaviour Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster.lapin

Hello

I recently bought a Russian tortoise from a PetCo in Minnesota (I live in a Canadian border town, the US is closer than any major Canadian city). He has begun to do this weird behaviour where he extends all his limbs and almost roars..sometimes a little squeak will come out. The Temp/Humidity is right ( i check it often with a digital device) and he is eating/drinking fine. His shell is strong, and he doesn't seem to have any visual defects. I have a Red Footed that I have never seen do this. He does, "whistle" when he is excited, but doesn't have any breathing or health concerns. I thought it might be possible that the Russian might have a piece of green stuck in his throat, I have started cutting his green up smaller. Any suggestions?? Has anyone seen this before in this species ?

Monster.lapin

I don't think it's a respiratory infection as he doesn't show any of the signs of one, and he's other wise active and alert. He's also been eating and moving around his tank daily. I'm attempting to upload a video of hi, doing it

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
HOW OLD IS HE? Sorry about the caps. Do you know his age and size?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Can you posts a photo of his enclosure and the lights used. (I really have no ideas.)
That would be an idea, and could help some people give you advice. Good luck.

And a warm welcome to the forum.

Jen_K

Germany
Okay so like I have no scientific proof for this...
But mine does that too, has always been doing that since I got him (he was 8 months old).
The time when he tends to do it the most is in the morning after waking up and in the evening before going to sleep... Just a weird guess but he might just be yawning... No idea tho-
And the squeaky noises might really be mating behavior, as already stated. Maybe he's really into the rock.... :eek:;)

Jen_K

Germany
Coming to think of it, I will take mine to the vet in a few days anyways... I'll ask him if he knows anything about that behavior, maybe it's really just harmless yawning or maybe something else.
I'll let you know!! :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.