Weight/length in Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln3313

5 Year Member
Just started a chart for "Scutes" growth, and was wondering what is a "typical" measurement for weight and length gain per early development. I fully realize there are MANY factors, etc., but just a ballpark.

Scutes was born the first week of September (roughly), and now weighs 44 grams. He eats well, hitting his food dish 3 times a day, pretty regularly at the same times of day. His length is 2.25".

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
Kansas

Sorry, I forgot. Scutes is a Leopard Tortoise, Pardalis Pardalis. Just wondering how many grams they should gain in the first month, first 3 months, 6 months, etc.. Again, just a ballpark.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Weight gain should never be judged by a time period, but by how long your tortoise is.
44g is good for the 5.7cm that your Leopard is. 50g would be better as at 6cm 60g is a good weight.
Weight should always be judged against size. :)

Danny

lincoln3313

5 Year Member
Thank you, Danny. Very useful guideline for me to measure against. I don't think weight will be a problem with this guy, as he has displayed a good appetite every since I have had him.

Thank you again!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Just as a guide, I wouldn't be surprized at a gain of 15 - 20g or more, depending on a lot of different factors.

When you get a chance, why not post some pics in the South African Leopard thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.