Weight Gain

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
Very proud of my 40 day old hatchling Bowser. A week ago I posted about his weight and it was 52.8 grams. Just weighed him and now hes 58.3 grams. About two weeks ago I switched him to primarily grasses with a seed mix from sulcatafood.com which he loves. I free feed him that and give him cactus pads, mazuri, and kale as a treat now and then. Ever since switching his food he's been much for active and just seems to be happier. It feels good to be able to see progress. It also always seems like there is new shell growth too. Maybe I'm just imagining it. I doubt they grow that fast, but being fairly new I'm not sure. Just glad to see some progress and hoping it continues like this.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Keep giving him grasses and mix up the rest as much as you can. Sounds like you have a good eater.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Yep you definitely got yourself a good eater! Keep mixing up the types of leafy greens you give him. The more diversity you give him now, the better [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You are going to have a very healthy happy tortoise as he grows and gains size. :)