Weekend Texas Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
My wife Connie and I are sitting at home in Arkansas,sipping an incredible South Dakota Rhubarb wine.

DSC00783.jpg

It was given to us by our friends,Todd and Cindy Westin(exoticsdr on the forum). We set out on Friday evening,with a delivery of three hatchlings to El Dorado,Ar. We proceeded to Shreveport,LA,where I,faced with a 24.95 all-you can-eat-Maine-Lobster,ate 9 lobsters.LOL Yeah,I know.No more traveling Friday,needless to say. We got up on Saturday and went South through Texas to Dr. Todds house,with three more hatchlings for Todd. You will never meet any better folks than this couple. My wife Connie was nuts about both of them. She also went nuts for these guys.

DSC00777.jpg

This is Walter.

DSC00775.jpg

He is the beast responsible for the cavern Dr. Todd is measuring.

DSC00773.jpg

Five feet deep!

DSC00774.jpg

The good Doctor and Cindy cooked a memorable meal,complete with the best brisket in Texas.

DSC00780.jpg

Todd,Cindy,we both had a wonderful time! Connie talked about you and your animals all the way home. Thanks so much for a great visit. I look forward to returning the hospitality you both showed us.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Very cool, Walter looks like an old man, at least my daughter thinks so...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't know these folks, but just from reading his posts, I can tell that Dr. Todd is a great guy. I think you were very lucky to have enjoyed his hospitality. Wonderful pictures too.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yeee haw ..!.... sounds like ya had a blast...but shoud'nt that lable read " Redneck Rhubarb" ? ....:p:D:p

JD~ :)

( ha ha )

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
You didn't say how far into Texas you travelled..but next time you want to come to Texas bearing gifts of RF's..come on down to Georgetown...

Glad you guys had a safe trip home.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Noting personal but I don't consume any food or drink with the word "***" in the title.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
DixieParadise said:
You didn't say how far into Texas you travelled..but next time you want to come to Texas bearing gifts of RF's..come on down to Georgetown...

Glad you guys had a safe trip home.
I'm not familiar with Georgetown.We went almost to Beaumont.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Ah...you were down by Houston. I am just north of Austin, which is central. We call it the Hill Country. Don't have any Kangaroos to show you, but I think I can manage a good BBQ meal.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
DixieParadise said:
Ah...you were down by Houston. I am just north of Austin, which is central. We call it the Hill Country. Don't have any Kangaroos to show you, but I think I can manage a good BBQ meal.
I might be coming down to Austin this summer to do some snake hunting.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
It was great talking to you today Jeff! We will definitely plan a trip down to Dr. Todd's house soon. The three of us will have a ton of fun. Let me know when you're going back.

-Matt

M

Maggie Cummings

See...Jeff knows how much we like pix, and even he didn't take enough...shame on you! Were you riding?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mmm... That brisket looks good.

Glad you had a safe trip!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Lucky you! I would bet that visit was one you never forget. Okay, I admit, green with envy here. :cool::D

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Sure enjoyed your visit, Jeff and Connie...the Sullie is Luigi...Walter is the smaller of the two Leopards. The babies are doing great, will post some pics when I get a chance.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
exoticsdr said:
Sure enjoyed your visit, Jeff and Connie...the Sullie is Luigi...Walter is the smaller of the two Leopards. The babies are doing great, will post some pics when I get a chance.
We had a ball,Todd. Don't know why Walter's name got stuck in my head. Glad to hear the babies are well. Thanks again for the hospitality.

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
I miss Texas! I think that I get to go home for Christmas before deploying. Can't wait.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
ALDABRAMAN said:

Greg, if you ever get the urge to visit Texas, I expect that you would be stopping by...would be honored to welcome you into our home and show you the same hospitality.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Todd, I still want to come by this summer. I started working at a new animal hospital that's really nice. I'm not sure when I can get away now. I promise I'll figure out a way to get down there so we can hang out.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.