Weed Seeds?

Orbela

Where can I purchase weed seeds? Can’t seem to find any. Trying plant some for tortoise

Orbela

I collect my own from all over the place and plant them where I want them. Is that an option?

I was going to go to the trail and get some but it illegal to get them from trails and weed around my is sprayed.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its illegal to collect weed seeds? That's a first for me. That's a law I'd feel comfortable ignoring. I'd love to have a conversation with whatever law enforcement personnel was going to write me a ticket for that. "Officer, removing the seeds from non-native invasive weeds is bad how?" They should thank you, not punish you...

Also, I'm totally comfortable using seeds from areas sprayed with weed killers. I wouldn't feed any weeds from those areas, but the seeds are fine. Most weeds killers degrade fairly quickly anyway, and because you are growing from a seed, none of the new plant that is growing will have any residual weed spray on it. I collect seeds from areas where weed killer is sprayed every year.