Weed ID ?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
This is my first year looking at weeds to feed my RT & Sully. I have a lot of the ones pic & have not been able to 100% ID. Most are just sprouting up here in northern Ohio. Any help is appreciated.

1 & 2nd pic are the same plant

3 & 4th are the same plant, the 4th is grown in more. this is a low growing ground cover that sometimes has a purple tinge to leaves

5 & 6, I have a lot growing around my pine trees

7 & 8 I also have a lot growing around pine grove

9 - violet?

10 - Lambsquarter?

Attachments

• IMG_5439.JPG
    IMG_5439.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5440.JPG
    IMG_5440.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5443.JPG
    IMG_5443.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5444.JPG
    IMG_5444.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5447.JPG
    IMG_5447.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5448.JPG
    IMG_5448.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5455.JPG
    IMG_5455.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5451.JPG
    IMG_5451.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5450.JPG
    IMG_5450.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 29

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A word of advice to anyone who is looking to identify plants. One or two pictures gets your thread answered quicker. When I see so many pictures that I have to enlarge, I move on to the next thread because I just don't have the time to enlarge so many thumbnails. I'll look at the first two today...

Nope...sorry. Too many and its taking too much time for them to load. Maybe I'll have more time tomorrow or hopefully someone else can help you.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Wow... ok thanks. I will seek a garder center then. All are currently growing in, so thought it would be easier with one post instead of multi.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Have you tried the “Garden Compass" app? It's free. It doesn't seem to be droid compatible but it works great with my iPhone. You take a picture, provide some background info. like where you live, and email it to them. They email you back in 24-48 hrs. I then take that info to the tortoise table website to see if it's edible or not. Often times you get better info from the tortoise table search if you use the Latin name and not just the English. Hope this helps.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I'll just sit over here... With my Samsung phone.. and my Samsung laptop..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
To add to what Yvonne said, much of my time on the forum is on a little WIFI hotspot card running my laptop. Right now I am literally sitting in a beach chair on someone's lawn in studio city with my dog laying next to me. Many times my signal is weak and it takes a long time for one of those thumbnails to pop up. Clicking in and out of several of them can take several minutes and often my computer seems to just get "stuck", so I usually just skip them and go on to other threads. It can be very frustrating.

I'm eager to help, and I love trying to ID weeds, and look at any other type of pics too, but it would be much easier if the images could be uploaded to a site like tinypic.com so that when I open the thread, all the pics are already there and ready for viewing. For whatever reason, pics done in this way pop up pretty quickly for me, even on days when I barely have any signal.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Have you tried the “Garden Compass" app? It's free. It doesn't seem to be droid compatible but it works great with my iPhone. You take a picture, provide some background info. like where you live, and email it to them. They email you back in 24-48 hrs. I then take that info to the tortoise table website to see if it's edible or not. Often times you get better info from the tortoise table search if you use the Latin name and not just the English. Hope this helps.

Yep, I looked for it, its an iphon thing & I am a galaxy kinda girl. Thanks though!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Ok, let me try this.....

25808d4.jpg
25808d4.jpg
[/IMG]

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
This one I have look for everywhere & can not find. its a low growing ground cover. Leaves get a purple (ish) tinge to them.

27y668y.jpg

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
(3) Last one! Really, these are just everywhere & believe me I did try to find them on my own....

bhm53t.jpg

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
To add to what Yvonne said, much of my time on the forum is on a little WIFI hotspot card running my laptop. Right now I am literally sitting in a beach chair on someone's lawn in studio city with my dog laying next to me. Many times my signal is weak and it takes a long time for one of those thumbnails to pop up. Clicking in and out of several of them can take several minutes and often my computer seems to just get "stuck", so I usually just skip them and go on to other threads. It can be very frustrating.

I'm eager to help, and I love trying to ID weeds, and look at any other type of pics too, but it would be much easier if the images could be uploaded to a site like tinypic.com so that when I open the thread, all the pics are already there and ready for viewing. For whatever reason, pics done in this way pop up pretty quickly for me, even on days when I barely have any signal.

Thanks, that was very helpful, I started a tinypic account. I have had no trouble opening the attachments from others post, so I guess I just did not think others might.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
D'oh! After all that I don't recognize any of those. Perhaps someone else closer to you might recognize them? If not, a trip to a local nursery should get you some answers. I had to to that for a few of mine. When you do get answers, please come back and let us know.