We weren't expecting that on the end of the line...

saginawhxc

Location (City and/or State)
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Not my picture, but a few months ago this was shared to a few snapping turtle groups I belong to.

Attachments

• 1504886470399.jpg
    1504886470399.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 54

Melis

Maryland
That would be a shock. How'd you get the hook out? That can't be easy or fun.
I held him while my fiancé held the line and our friend was able to get his pliers in his mouth to get the hook out. And all 3 of us were on kayaks! That was the tricky part! Lol. He snapped as soon as the hook was out so the pliers went into the pond with him. But he was okay so that's all that mattered!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I held him while my fiancé held the line and our friend was able to get his pliers in his mouth to get the hook out. And all 3 of us were on kayaks! That was the tricky part! Lol. He snapped as soon as the hook was out so the pliers went into the pond with him. But he was okay so that's all that mattered!
:eek: WOWIE!!!!!!!
What FANTASTIC people you are!!!!!
:) :) :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Kool that you were out kayaking and latched on to him. Quite the haul, i guess you were looking for catfish or carp or snakeheads? Nice thst you got a pix, better too that you were ablecto safely release.

Where river were you on?

Melis

Maryland
Kool that you were out kayaking and latched on to him. Quite the haul, i guess you were looking for catfish or carp or snakeheads? Nice thst you got a pix, better too that you were ablecto safely release.

Where river were you on?
Just a pond near our home in Maryland. Lots of turtles there so I typically get distracted by them and the frogs while the guys fish. Lol