We went to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
We just got back from the vet. IT'S A BOY! crud... Anyway, I still love him. Everyone was really interested in him, even took pictures. (Of course we're talking about the Dumerils boa) So he has a mild respiratory infection, his glottis is red and a bit irritated, there are some bubbles in his nasal passage. He's on baytril every other day, given by mouth... Fun fun stuff. But he did really well at the vet, very calm about letting her swab his mouth and give him his medicine, which you literally have to inject down into his throat with the syringe. He's such a good boy. His overall body condition is good, They were all so impressed with how handsome and sweet he is. I felt like a proud parent. lol She noticed the spurs I missed somehow, he kept them tucked in so close they were hard to see, she suggested probing to be sure. So... he's definitely a boy, good thing I didn't name him huh? lol He was a little celebrity, all the staff came in just to visit and see him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry:( sounds like you wanted a girl. But hey, males are good too. Well in the animal world anyway:p hope he recovers easy and quick. Good luck with the meds.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
lol Yeah I wanted a girl, My Corn snake is a boy. But like I said, I love him just the same, he's a member of my family from the moment he arrived. Thank you for the well wishes. I hope he gets better soon too, I do not look forward to giving him his meds. Sure he was very good at the vet, I just hope he stays that way.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
His picture is up on my vets facebook page! He's gonna be a local celebrity!!!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
StudentoftheReptile said:
Sounds like he was a good ambassador for the reptile community.

That's definitely my goal. People posted comments on there already saying that they don't want to make an appointment if he's there. And how they'd be so afraid blah blah, you know how it is. So I posted saying how gentle he is and what a great job the Doctor did with him. Ha ha so my vet got on and declared that he's one of her favorite patients! I'm so proud!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That sounds wonderful! Wait, not the part about him being sick and having to take meds, just the rest of it. :D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
He took his first dose at home today and did very well! Quick and painless for the both of us lol.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Didn't do so good taking his meds today, he bit down on the syringe and I couldn't get it in deeper, he spat most of the medicine up and sat there with the most disgusted open mouth look on his face I've ever seen from a reptile. Maybe he learned his lesson. That stuff is nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.