We need help identifying our tortoise breed

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thank you Norcal. We thought it was in hibernation but it started to move today. Think it is too warm, any ideas what to do? Should we move it to a cold room?
If you didn't spend time removing the food for two weeks while it was still warm, and soaking daily to hydrate the tortoise and empty the gut, then you shouldn't hibernate. They need a stable 38-39 F degrees to hibernate well, and a cooler room isn't likely to be that consistently cool in your house, is it?

Denise i

Colorado Springs
If you didn't spend time removing the food for two weeks while it was still warm, and soaking daily to hydrate the tortoise and empty the gut, then you shouldn't hibernate. They need a stable 38-39 F degrees to hibernate well, and a cooler room isn't likely to be that consistently cool in your house, is it?
Wei Wei turtle owner
You are giving off a very passive aggressive attitude tone some. They are asking questions better understand and care there tortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wei Wei turtle owner
You are giving off a very passive aggressive attitude tone some. They are asking questions better understand and care there tortoise
His response sounds fine to me. If the original poster didn't follow what Tom has said, they're taking a chance the tortoise will die. So like he says, the tortoise should not be allowed to brumate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wei Wei turtle owner
I'm not known for diplomacy or sugar coating. I am known for giving helpful advice that when followed will keep a tortoise alive and well. I'm here to help tortoises. There are other people much better than me at making people feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Thank you @Yvonne G for keeping me on the right path when I stray, and affirming when I'm on it.