WE GOT EGGS! ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well ... as posted a few hours ago .... I knew she was going to lay ...9:30 pm and we got eggs! ....
3 of them.... and Super Big! ... Woo HOO! .. :p:D:p
Even better I was home from work to catch it ...
CherryLAYIN7-6-2010.jpg

LayIN2.jpg

CHERRYEGGS7-6-2010.jpg

HAPPY TORT ~N
JD~ :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
You're excited? Think how much better she must feel getting those out of her. :p :D Congratulations to the mommy....and you too. ;)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Congrats Jeff.. I've always used the coarse vermic. and placed the eggs together touching each other - like they would be in the nest. Include a couple dishes of water and maintain 84+/- C temp.

The last little "runt" hatched in 127 days as I recall.. I'll check but they vary from 112 - 152 days for me. 120 being the norm.

NERD

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Redfoot NERD said:
Congrats Jeff.. I've always used the coarse vermic. and placed the eggs together touching each other - like they would be in the nest. Include a couple dishes of water and maintain 84+/- C temp.

The last little "runt" hatched in 127 days as I recall.. I'll check but they vary from 112 - 152 days for me. 120 being the norm.

NERD
Terry .. thanks for the tips, I"LL be counting down the days.I believe the new male ( Oscar) I got last year, got things " up N runing" within the Cherry "herd".
JD~:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What an exciting time! Congrats and just think this feeling, this natural high, it's going to keep happening every time more eggs are laid or even better in a few weeks when they start hatching.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Congratulations Jeff :D Hopefully they will all be fertile. :)

Danny

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Congratulations Jeff :D Hopefully they will all be fertile. :)

Danny
Danny ... yes keeping fingers crossed and good karma ...hope all will be well...

Thanks again everyone ... Iam super excited ... not my first eggs by no means ... but from this Ultra Nice Cherry female..first eggs for me!

HAPPY TORT~N

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
N2TORTS said:
I believe the new male ( Oscar) I got last year, got things " up N runing" within the Cherry "herd".

Well, that would explain the size of those eggs...the hatchlings will be mini-bruisers, I'll bet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.