We did some remodeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Good morning everyone ! We've been busy last few days, my daughter had asked me if I could make her tortoise table "Prettier" so off to Lowes I went. We went through posts and suggestions such as the lip around the top, flat rocks for basking ect and I "think" we made some major improvements. It now has two rock hides the lip around the top, ceramic tiled corners, a fountain and some decor. Temps in hides are 74-77 with 60-80% humidity (depends on last time I misted) Center is at 85 with 51% humidity. Basking rock surface is at 102 and the rest of the enclosure is 75-77 !! My next bit im working on building a automated misting system for it so it doesnt dry out when im at work and she's in school. Thanks again for everyones knowledge and ideas !! And before I forget she did finally name them, Earnie is the bigger one and Clarise is the smaller one :D

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6M1KvbQBQ

1zmms0i.jpg

289ht79.jpg

2e3volv.jpg

2dtt6d1.jpg

osqz5y.jpg

wui15w.jpg

25hgxtu.jpg

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I especially like the garden statue! I've been looking for one like that myself.

On a somewhat unrelated note: I am a new tortoise owner as I have mentioned elsewhere. We have owned other pets in the past. No other animal has ever brought the entire family together like this tortoise. I have young daughters and their involvement and interest level has been outstanding! My older daughter has been researching and exploring the subject of tortoises and gardening on her own accord. My younger one has been drawing pictures of herself and Leia on all sorts of adventures. My wife and i spend hours in the evening just watching her,very zen like. Reading through many of the posts, this one included, it appears I am not alone having some great daddy daughter time thanks to a tort!

Sorry about getting off topic.

Rob

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I love it! I like the garden statue too, I will definately pick one up if I can find one :)

5 Year Member
Ohio
CtTortoise said:
I especially like the garden statue! I've been looking for one like that myself.

On a somewhat unrelated note: I am a new tortoise owner as I have mentioned elsewhere. We have owned other pets in the past. No other animal has ever brought the entire family together like this tortoise. I have young daughters and their involvement and interest level has been outstanding! My older daughter has been researching and exploring the subject of tortoises and gardening on her own accord. My younger one has been drawing pictures of herself and Leia on all sorts of adventures. My wife and i spend hours in the evening just watching her,very zen like. Reading through many of the posts, this one included, it appears I am not alone having some great daddy daughter time thanks to a tort!

Sorry about getting off topic.

Rob

I know what you mean, my daughter has spent tons of time reading about all the different tortoises and we spent a ton of time just watching them together. The fountain I picked up at walmart for like 15 bucks and the tortoise statue I got at biglots for like 6 bucks. Thanks again !!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Very nice! Running water, plants, statuary, rocks and food: what more could a tortoise wish for? Your table is pretty enough to be in the living or dining room instead of in your basement. One day, I want to have a garden room where my torts and I can cohabitate.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Outstanding Dave!...I saw a bunch of the smaller waterfalls and statues at Home Depot (garden ctr.) for about $10 for anyone looking.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a beautiful enclosure. I love that you've capped all the walls so they can't climb out.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
my dad would have done the same thing for me if I had done torts when i was younger.. love that... cherish it as Ive said before..
nice and functional while pleasing to the humans as well. :)

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
[/align]
[align=right]

I'm not a big fan of indoor enclosures...but I have to say that is fantastic!!

Well done.

- TT​

5 Year Member
Ohio
TOK DADDY said:
[/align]
[align=right]

I'm not a big fan of indoor enclosures...but I have to say that is fantastic!!

Well done.

- TT​

Thank you very much !!! I just finished a new enclosure for our Cherryhead we got two weeks ago and will post pics of it in the next couple of days, I think it turned out pretty good.

Jessicap said:
You guys did an awesome job!

Thank you Jessicap !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.