We as pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex uk
Jacqui said:
Edna simple, pets don't work, they simply are given their food, shelter, other needs. So if I am going to be "kept" I wanna be kept. :D No more work or bills. :D

Amen lol :D

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Laurie said:
Edna said:
Why are you all so damn sure that we aren't just pets, being kept by an alien race????

What are you smoking? ;)

I wouldn't think it would be too bad to be a pet, as long as you had a decent owner. No mortgage, free food, lounge around all day. It sounds pretty awesome!

I only smoke what my keepers provide LOL.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't want to be "kept" by anyone. I guess that's the difference between and animal and a human. Some animals don't know any better, but human's do......or they're supposed to anyway. I'm not much of a traveler, but at least I have the option to go where I want and do what I want, and eat what I want. And yes, David, if I was to drink a BIG sugary drink here in NY, I can do that too. I think it would be a terrible thing for a human being to be "kept".

expo tort

5 Year Member
I just thought it over and now I want to be a pet even more. Why? I would not have to clean anything, go to school, or ever have to do much of anything anymore. I hope I would have a very interactive cage and not be on sand.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
Hmmm, if I had a keeper who believed it really should be several males to me the one female, then maybe Tom's idea would work...

Oh come on Jacqui, all those males would destroy each other, and this system would give very low reproductive output. Max of one baby a year, verses one baby per year per female... Females can only carry one baby at a time (usually) whereas a male can impregnate a nearly unlimited number of females over the course of a year. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that our keepers will want to captive breed so as to reduce collection pressure on the remaining "wild" population. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I often think if I had the lives of my dogs I would be happy, but the truth is that I love being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want to. I am going to vote no on this one.
My dogs have it pretty awesome though still. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
Jacqui said:
Hmmm, if I had a keeper who believed it really should be several males to me the one female, then maybe Tom's idea would work...

Oh come on Jacqui, all those males would destroy each other, and this system would give very low reproductive output. Max of one baby a year, verses one baby per year per female... Females can only carry one baby at a time (usually) whereas a male can impregnate a nearly unlimited number of females over the course of a year. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that our keepers will want to captive breed so as to reduce collection pressure on the remaining "wild" population. :D

See Tom, you owner will only care about reproduction numbers and making his money back out of you. While I have no "owner", I have a caretaker. One who puts first MY wants, needs, and happiness. Two males should be able to live happily together, IF they are given correct environments.

expo tort

5 Year Member
Put some sports on a flat screen and most American men will be fine.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Tom said:
Jacqui said:

Uh, Tom...you overlook the possibility that these "aliens" have the same priorities as we humans...(1) Find a new piece of real estate (2) Exploit the crap out of said piece of real estate and indigenous people (3) when assets are depleted, move to next piece of real estate.

This movie sums that concept up beautifully...

201870.1020.A.jpg

Essentially, aliens invade the fictional New Zealand village of Kaihoro to harvest humans for their intergalactic fast food franchise... :p

expo tort said:
Put some sports on a flat screen and most American men will be fine.

I've never heard jiggling flesh referred to as "sport" before...but otherwise we're in agreement. And you left out a supply of quality beer... :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Terry Allan Hall said:
I've never heard jiggling flesh referred to as "sport" before...but otherwise we're in agreement. And you left out a supply of quality beer... :p

Terry most of the guys now wear protective cups in sporting events, so there is not much jiggling flesh for you to be watching for any more. ;)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Don't throw Peter Jackson under a bus.. He doesn't appreciate it.. Stay on task. ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Vishnu2 said:
Don't throw Peter Jackson under a bus.. He doesn't appreciate it.. Stay on task. ;)

Whose Peter Jackson?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jacqui said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Terry most of the guys now wear protective cups in sporting events, so there is not much jiggling flesh for you to be watching for any more. ;)

Your gender confusion duly noted... :p

Jacqui said:
Vishnu2 said:

Whose Peter Jackson?

Your grammar and cinematography confusion also duly noted...for future reference, it's better expressed "Who's Peter Jackson?"..."Whose Peter Jackson?" implies that Jackson is someone's pet or possession... :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Terry Allan Hall said:
Jacqui said:
Vishnu2 said:

Whose Peter Jackson?

Your grammar and cinematography confusion also duly noted...for future reference, it's better expressed "Who's Peter Jackson?"..."Whose Peter Jackson?" implies that Jackson is someone's pet or possession... :p

In this thread, he would be someone's pet and their possession also. :p

Lord of the Rings, that explains why I don't know him, I didn't like the books or the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.