we adopted a senior dog

M

Maggie Cummings

Jeez, I am a meat eater but it so darned expensive, then I have to look at a dog eating ribs. Lordy, guess I'll go eat some cat food....;)
AND...that's a great story and you my dear are a great animal keeper

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
one of the many great things about Oregon, lots of hunters to collect scraps from! I'm getting some sweet meat scores and hope to keep it that way. Canadian geese might be on his menu in the future...hmmm..

We took Muttley into the snow today. He loved it!!! The inner pup came out and boy was he a happy dog!

1214151442b.jpg

1214151404.jpg

I mostly took video, so I'm limited on photos to share ;) but trust me, he loved it!

His CGC test was cancelled due to low signups. Hopefully this spring there will be another test opportunity but even without the title, he's doing great. :) I love this dog...... <3 :rolleyes: :D

M

Maggie Cummings

I try to feed all the pets and people good around here but it's work!

There's over 300 geese in the field behind my house right now. So they should be flying towards Medford any day now.

I washed my car one day when it stopped raining. Then I drove the 3 miles into town, so proud my car looked so good. One the way home, the geese flew over, and yep....about 20 GIGANTIC smeary poops on my paint. Lordy be!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
There's over 300 geese in the field behind my house right now. So they should be flying towards Medford any day now.

I washed my car one day when it stopped raining. Then I drove the 3 miles into town, so proud my car looked so good. One the way home, the geese flew over, and yep....about 20 GIGANTIC smeary poops on my paint. Lordy be!
Well, shoot those darn geese then bring them to those of us who feed our dogs and cats raw food. :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
That's exactly how I might be getting them. A friend has too many on her cattle ranch and her husband wants to shoot some! Lol
That works. I don't really know any hunters. Just get all the buckshot out of them :) Took my dog to the vet today, she has been eating me out of house and home. Literally 2 to 3 times the amount of food she usually eats. But not gaining any weight. Her liver enzymes are up. And thyroid is too high. It could be age, she's 14, but not really sure. Going to recheck it in six months and between now and then cut the thyroid dose in half. Her hip dysplasia is of course getting worse but she is still alert and happy and wanting to do everything. I'm just trying to give her as good a life as I can for as long as I can.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
0220161421_HDR.jpg

We love our mutt! ..at least that's what the car magnet says LOL

0220161414.jpg

0213161400.jpg
Running out to say hello to his dog park friends. Typically, I stay away from dog parks. But after observing this one for a while (my kids play at the adjacent playground) the crowd isn't too bad. We've picked up on when to visit and when not to ;)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Muttley took the AKC Canine Good Citizen test today. He passed with flying colors! :cool:
The evaluator later used him as the example for a few of the other doggie students :)
I'm so proud of this old man.... He showed the young whipper snappers a thing or 2 today :rolleyes: ;)

2016-05-15_16.25.41.jpg

We plan to hang the CGC certification and ribbon over his dog bed...haha
:rolleyes:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
We learned that Muttley's birthday was Jan 3, 2005 when my vet was given access to his previous vet records. (No issues, just a well check up with our new vet)
So we celebrated his REAL 12th birthday!

2017-01-03_19.43.08.jpg
The kids made his party hat! They drew Muttley, dog bones and balloons :cool:

And Medford has seen quite a bit of snow. Apparently the most it's seen since 1917. So while Levi isn't happy, Muttley sure is!

20170104_101214-EFFECTS.jpg
Catching snow balls!

20170104_101652-ANIMATION.gif
He loves to roll in it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the picture with the candle. He's making good and sure to keep his eye on that fire!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...or is the candle stuck in a hot dog?