Watery Poop

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hey, I haven’t posted in a while because everything has been fine. However, recently I’ve noticed that my leopards poop has been more watery than normal and smells way worse than usual. His poop has always been on the more watery side but I never found anything concerning. I’m not really sure if it could be a parasitic infection or something like that because he shows no other symptoms, he eats well, has proper temps and humidity, is well hydrated, and he feels heavy and dense and like I said, his poop has always been a little more watery. Is this something to worry about? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
This time of year when we are forced to feed more grocery greens, and perhaps cactus for good calcium, that will indeed lead to a much more soft poop.

Some parasite problems can also present with watery poop and an increase in smell. In particular flagellates and some amoebas. Are you weighing regularly? IF a parasitic issue, there would also be a noticeable reduction in weight gain or even loss. IF that is the case, a fecal sample to a vet could be in order.

Michigan
This time of year when we are forced to feed more grocery greens, and perhaps cactus for good calcium, that will indeed lead to a much more soft poop.

Some parasite problems can also present with watery poop and an increase in smell. In particular flagellates and some amoebas. Are you weighing regularly? IF a parasitic issue, there would also be a noticeable reduction in weight gain or even loss. IF that is the case, a fecal sample to a vet could be in order.
I don’t weigh regularly, but from feeling he is very dense when I pick him up and just feels like a big rock. Are there any other symptoms I could look out for?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My tortoises also have runny poop. I have been cutting my neighbors lawn with scissors and adding lots to anything I feed them, hoping that might add fiber. Can you sprinkle some small pieces of hay? Because of all the crap going on, I have not been able to find hay. I usually buy a bale at the beginning of winter, but this year I couldn't find just 1 bale. They are selling buy the ton or something I can't do...