Water turtle setup, budget friendly

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Thats awesome, you got one of the balcony's for your turtles. It looks like you maximized the space in them as much as possible.

Thanks..it works even better because 3 of the males are quite young...3in and smaller...

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
This is a split leaf pothos. I'm going to plant this in an area. I was able to take a "baby" off of it. It may be out of control, but I think it would be awesome somewhere around the tank and would provide excellent cover. I know pothos are poisonous to some animals. Are they poisonous to turtles?
That looks like a split-leaf philodendron which is different from pothos- I'm pretty sure pothos is a climbing vine.

Rachael403

NE, USA
That looks like a split-leaf philodendron which is different from pothos- I'm pretty sure pothos is a climbing vine.
You are totally correct, it is a philodendron... I am new at this plant thing... Finally live in a house that can actually grow indoor plants. We went plant wild. I thought philodendron and pothos were the same thing. Time to do more research. :/

Rachael403

NE, USA
I have lots of vine type plants that I thought were philodendrons, they may be pothos. I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully someone could help me properly I'd them. They look like pothos.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You are totally correct, it is a philodendron... I am new at this plant thing... Finally live in a house that can actually grow indoor plants. We went plant wild. I thought philodendron and pothos were the same thing. Time to do more research. :/
I know the feeling of FINALLY being in a situation where you can have plants!!! They are wonderful! :p

Rachael403

NE, USA
They are indeed! So good for the house, too. We got some violet leaves (7 different varieties) and they are going to be planted soon.

Anyway back on the subject, I didn't have time to stop by a home improvement store, but will tomorrow to get supplies. I'm going to get pothos. I am pretty sure the plants here are philodendrons. It's easier to plan at the store.