water should be avail to torts

surfergirl

but i continue to read that they do not need it in articles that otherwise have good general care information. This is such bad advice especially if the reader is new to torts and does not have the experience to know when their care methods are causing dehydration.

if you always keep water available they have a choice to hydrate! this is a safe backup for if they need more water than what we thought. :) Even though i soaked my torts 2 days ago, moistened their substrate and misted them in the mornings when their waking, my Margie still took another big drink mid morning when I checked on her.
caught a snap shot of exactly why I have water avail to my torts all the times.

20181110_095833.jpg 20181110_095459.jpg

drew54

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Torts are no different than any other animal when it comes to hydration. I've noticed that a lot of people don't think reptiles need any water source. I don't really understand the logic behind it.

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Torts are no different than any other animal when it comes to hydration. I've noticed that a lot of people don't think reptiles need any water source. I don't really understand the logic behind it.
I agree. Although tortoises in the wild don't have constant access to water, our tortoises are pets, not wild animals. I always keep an endless supply of fresh water in all enclosures [emoji4]