Water dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Trevor seems active in the late morning, only for literally a few hours as he eats, basks, walks around a bit, and does his bathroom business. He doesn't wake up until a couple hours after his light comes on. This morning I saw him pee a huge puddle as he was eatting--so again I had to clean up his stone and food and replace what he peed on! He naps during the day (sometimes awakens again, sometimes not). Today he was napping right under the heat light where the temperature was 90. I assume now that his set-up is pretty good his sleepiness is only related to his young age and not inaccurate husbandry. Still eating well, but he stops on his own when I assume he's full. He can only can eat a couple leaves of something at the most (probably when they would all be mashed up it's about the size of his head).

I finally found some dandelion greens around here (at a Whole Foods in another part of town). They taste pretty alright so we'll probably make salad out of them as he'll literally only finish a few stems over the course of a week. I also bought a turnip and stuck toothpicks in it and put it in a glass of water to hopefully grow some turnip greens. I put the pot of dandelion seeds in his enclosure on top of his hide under the light so maybe they'll sprout. The russian tortoise seed mix is growing a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.