Water Dish- LukeWarm or Cold?

GeorgeTheTort_14

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi my names nick and I just got my new eastern Hermann’s hatchling George this last Tuesday and he’s been eating very well, sleeps well, my question is for his Water dish, would you put lukewarm water? Cold water? Room temperature? And also when he soaks, the first day we got him he pooped right away, and the past few days we’d find little poops in his enclosure, but not when he soaks, is this a problem ? I just want to be safe and know that he’s healthy and doing okay in his new home.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just fill it room temp and it warms up inside the enclosure anyway. And poops are gonna happen lol if they gotta go they gotta go. Be happy hes going

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Nick!

Because I have so many tortoises, I keep a couple water jugs next to each indoor enclosure, and a 'slop' pail on the floor. I dump the waterer, wipe it out with a paper towell, then refill from one of the jugs. So that means the water is room temperature. But I would have no qualms about filling the waterer directly from the faucet. Makes no difference to me if it's cold water. It soon warms up in the enclosure, but if they happen to get a cold drink, I doubt it's going to hurt them.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
If outside Sheldon gets hose water. When inside I put luke warm cuz the AC is on and he hears me pouring the water & he gets in right away. He even likes it when I pour the water on the back of his shell. ?
He rarely poops in the water. But as said before, it always good when they do !

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Room temp is fine. No matter if you put warm water or cool water it is going to balance out at room temp.

Reactions: Tom