Watching my tortoise while I'm at work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

M5Ivan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East
So I decided to setup a webcam to a spare laptop and remote view the laptop while I'm away. I can watch my new tortoise from my phone and tablet from anywhere I. have a signal. Since he's usually sleeping by the time I get home, it's really cool to be able to see him basking, roaming, and eating all day :)

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I do the same thing! People at work think I'm crazy!! It gives me peace of mind when I am able to check in on them, especially when my husband is not home as well. We have security cameras on ours (we had already had them prior to the tortoises). Then, I can use the d-link app on my phone to watch them wherever I am. It is cool to see what they are doing when you're not there :)

M5Ivan

5 Year Member
East
Laurie said:
I do the same thing! People at work think I'm crazy!! It gives me peace of mind when I am able to check in on them, especially when my husband is not home as well. We have security cameras on ours (we had already had them prior to the tortoises). Then, I can use the d-link app on my phone to watch them wherever I am. It is cool to see what they are doing when you're not there :)

Glad to know I'm not the only "crazy" one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.