(WARNING) Poop problem

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Have you tried adding more fiber to the diet? I grab a handful of grass close to the ground and cut it off with the scissors. Then I cut it up into the food bowl into half inch increments and mix it up with the food.

Reactions: ISU

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Have you tried adding more fiber to the diet? I grab a handful of grass close to the ground and cut it off with the scissors. Then I cut it up into the food bowl into half inch increments and mix it up with the food.
I tried that with mine and he just ignores it, he will nibble on it in his food tray I planted him but not if it's cut. I even mixed it with Mazuri, which he loves, and he wouldn't even eat that.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I had to teach my DT to eat cactus. I diced some very fine, the made a burrito of it with his favorite, radicchio. After a few times, he would eat it mixed into his food, but it was never a favorite for him.

ISU

South Korea
I grow wheat and barley and give them to her using the way you said