Wanting to adopt a tortoise in California!

Erisa Nicole

Location (City and/or State)
Placentia, Ca
Hello all! My husband and I are wanting to adopt a medium size tortoise. We live in Orange County, California. Please, if your tortoise needs a home, reply back!!! We are willing to drive as far as San Diego if need be. Thanks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
How about give some information as to your personal hands on experience with tortoise. Also, info about the space you have dedicated to the tortoise? What species of tortoise is in your list of wants?

Erisa Nicole

Placentia, Ca
My husband use to foster red ear sliders until he found them homes. This would be my first time with a tortoise. The space we have for the tortoise is 8x12 ft. Outdoors with lots of sun. We would make a shaded area. We are looking for any species thats great with sun like the Desert Tortoise or hermann tortoise. Preferably an adult. Open to other species.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The 8x12 space is acceptable if the area is planted heavily with grazing items as well as heavily shaded areas...what is your beliefs/experience with a species that brumates? The two species that you reference are naturally a species that brumates?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I chimed in on your other thread, we have a lot of CDT available through my CTTC chapter.
If you'd like to email me photos of your 8x12 section, I can give you specific tips on how to make it tort ready ;)

Daq

Rancho cucamonga
Hello all! My husband and I are wanting to adopt a medium size tortoise. We live in Orange County, California. Please, if your tortoise needs a home, reply back!!! We are willing to drive as far as San Diego if need be. Thanks!
I have two desert torts that need rehoming. Both are male brothers about 23 years old.
I am in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
if interested let me know.