Wanted: Your Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
I'd like to hear about some of the things you enjoy on other forum websites that TFO doesn't currently offer. What would you like to see added to this site? A chat room? Additional off-topic forums? Photo galleries?
Any and ALL suggestions are welcomed!

chadk

10 Year Member!
Photo galleries!

How about a DIY section? (Do it yourself) For those who want to share their home made tort tables and such? With step by step photo tutorials and all that...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
A chat room for sure. The one on Pangea is "open" 24/7. All you have to do is click on the link, and you're in. There are always people in at random times of the day. If you want to be a member over there Josh, just to take a look at it, here's the link http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/

Just sign up and click on "chatroom" in the top heading thing.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Duly noted on the galleries and chat room. I like the idea of a DIY section too!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I like the idea of a DIY section. Not into chatrooms. Maybe a photo gallery section for easier viewing rather than the current thread posting method. Species specific sections in the gallery would be great too.

I would really like to see a section devoted to something like "This is how I keep this species" with someone going into detail how they keep or have kept a certain species based on their geographical area, their feeding schedule, their temperature gradients, humidity, breeding and incubation methods and sucess, etc... Basically a detailed care sheet for a specific species by specific people.

I think this could generate a lot of information and ideas for other people keeping the same species.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I'm with GB on this. I like the DIY and "how I keep this species".

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
'Species specific sections in the gallery would be great too.' Good idea GBtortoises. This way you could see if your tortie looks like any in the gallery, very useful for newbie keepers!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
People, would the DIY include schematics/diagrams? I love those! lol ^.^

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
We're about to hold another photo contest and I'd like to make the winning photo(s) available to buy on different merchandise. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to sites like Cafepress or Printfection?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
DonaTello said:
'Species specific sections in the gallery would be great too.' Good idea GBtortoises. This way you could see if your tortie looks like any in the gallery, very useful for newbie keepers!

This is a very good idea. My recent thread about sulcata faces was a big hit and I LOVED seeing all the sulacatas in one thread like that.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
id be interested in a tortoise forum shop that offers stuff like seeds and whatnot. ive seen on shelledwarriors they have a shop. im defently all for a chatroom in here. itll be so much easier to ask questions and get a response alot faster

Status
Not open for further replies.