Wanted..Ivory Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawless

5 Year Member
Looking for a hatchling to 2 year old ivory sulcata..send me a message with what u have and how much..thanks

Evy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
When you say ivory do you mean like this
ImageUploadedByTortForum1374107894.607657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1374107918.266773.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
No, he is looking for a true ivory I believe. Not a cheap tortoise to come by. I had my chance and never could come up with the damn money.. :( :(

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
cemmons12 said:
No, he is looking for a true ivory I believe. Not a cheap tortoise to come by. I had my chance and never could come up with the damn money.. :( :(

What do you try to say? That sounded rude. "Not a cheap tortoise to come by"...

Jtort

5 Year Member
So Cal
I don't think he was referring to your tortoise. I think he means in general ivory sulcatas are not cheap to get. In some places "to come by" means "to get." Like "that's not a cheap car to come by, how did you afford it?"

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Thank you, I just want to clarify. Very nice of you.

My loves:
Husband
2 dogs Blue and Baxter
3 sulcatas Donatello, Penny, and Charlie.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah, Julie, thats what I was trying to say, thanks for clearing that up for me. I would love to have got the 1 I had my eye on, but to much money for me right now, or back then when I had the chance.. :( So very dissapointing.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
There are only a handful of breeders who get ivories on a regular basis...and they are all going to be at least $500...some breeders sell for more! And if an adult is what you have in mind...you're going to pay at least $2,000

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I agree with Dean, not too many available right now. Contact Richard Fife and get on his waiting list.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I currently sell fresh baby ivories for $650 shipped, but my production level is currently very low and I do not expect to make any available this year unless I get another surprise clutch that I failed to anticipate. My low production female may need to be retired and my other adults I have not sold are not likely to produce again until at least the winter if not well into next year's season. I have a pyramided male that came to me in a subadult pair last year, but another person has the option of first dibs for now.

The three major breeders people know of are Richard from Ivory Tortoise, Bill from Reptile Odyssey, and Paul from Tortuga Villa. Do a Google search and politely reach out to them one at a time and see if they have any available. I would personally go in the order I listed, but that is me. Make sure you are serious and have the funds now. No seller likes having time wasted and most will not want to wait for a customer to gather the funds to satisfy the price unless there is a history of transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.