Wanna be tort mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I fell in love with Sulcatas and heard they are in big need of rescue as they get larger,,, so we built a large pen in our pasture. 100x60 with a 'bunker' lots of grass and a heated stall.... Still waiting to hear from a rescue who has any in need.. Im in Central calif above Sacramento. "Build it and they shall come" ... hopefully soon! Its like a mom with a nursery that is sitting empty!
Looking forward to learn with all of you and share.
If I get my first few rescues and it goes well... I will expand. I am concerned about housing males together due to fighting, so I am hoping to get a small group of females.. am I right?
I live on 8 acers and share that with a menagerie.. goats, llamas, horse dog , cats, cockatoo, and two tort rescues. Hingeback and a male russian.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome laura. i can't immediately answer your questions about sulcatas but there are plenty of folks here who can!
thanks for joining. i look forward to seeing photos of your tort pen!

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Yes two males might fight.Welcome Laura.Make sure no animals can get to the tortoises dogs and cats can harm tortoise.

jenrell23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Welcome, Hopefully you will get your sulcata soon. I would not recommend housing two males together. Look at the adoption thread there is a sulcata in need of a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.