WalkingRock's Semi-Annual Stats

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
OK all you WalkingRock Fans, here it is WalkingRocks Semi-Annual weights and measurements.

...but first, here are a few action shots...

OK, now for his stats

He is 26.5 inches long...

...and currently weighing in at 107lbs. I was really surprised by his weight! I thought he had gained some weight this summer but I guess not!

...and here are some picks I got while he was immobile!

and for being such a good-boy about the whole ordeal... a few pieces of cactus!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So, were you surprized by the fact he gained so much weight, or surprized that he didnt gain weight? What was starting n ending weight totals?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can I tell YA how much I like seeing your/his and the leopards updates.;) A lot.:D He is such a handsome fella. I love his two tracking he is doing:D. His tag looks very different. Did it fall off, or did you cover it? Waiting for the leopards now:)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
So, were you surprized by the fact he gained so much weight, or surprized that he didnt gain weight? What was starting n ending weight totals?
I was surprised at his lack of weight gain. He weighed about the same last year but he gained almost an inch in length.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Can I tell YA how much I like seeing your/his and the leopards updates.;) A lot.:D He is such a handsome fella. I love his two tracking he is doing:D. His tag looks very different. Did it fall off, or did you cover it? Waiting for the leopards now:)
Hehehe! Thanks!

His tag fell off....after only 5 years, guess I'll have to find something more permanent. I did find it in the yard about 2 weeks after it fell off.

Expect updates on Eros and Gaia soon. The pics are uploading to photo bucket now but will probably be posted in the morning.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Update with my morning coffee, sounds great, I can wait. Five years isn't too bad, I would have thought before then. Glad you found it before he trampled it into the ground :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Update with my morning coffee, sounds great, I can wait. Five years isn't too bad, I would have thought before then. Glad you found it before he trampled it into the ground :D
Oh, he did trample in the ground! I found it half buried on his trail. Thought I found money but turned out to his dog tag.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I can't get over how placid he seems to be about being weighed! My little (compared to him!) Hermann's, Elsa, always thrashes her legs frantically as if she's running as fast as she can while suspended on the scale; and she ALWAYS pees AND poops!! :(

But Walking Rock is just like, "Ho, hum- I guess I'll just hang out until he's done..." :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
"Placid"? No! he kicks and skworms but eventually he calms down. not easy when he weighs that much! its like picking up a child that doesn't want to be picked up and does all he can to make it stop. But once he's sitting on the bucket he usually calms down. I think gravity helps since it pulls on his arms and they just hang there.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Very nice! Anything over 100 pounds is impressive...and it all comes from your great care! Keep it up!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Very nice! Anything over 100 pounds is impressive...and it all comes from your great care! Keep it up!
Thanks Dean! As you can see, he also has a big hole in his face from that stray tooth that came up then fell out. It really affected his eating habits, maybe that's why he didn't gain any weight this year....:oops:

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
What did you use to attach the dog tag? I wanted to find a way for my big boy to be identified, should he ever get out again. (He had a couple times due to my neighbors dog destroying our fence and my sister left the gate open a couple times.)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
What did you use to attach the dog tag? I wanted to find a way for my big boy to be identified, should he ever get out again. (He had a couple times due to my neighbors dog destroying our fence and my sister left the gate open a couple times.)

I used a 2 part epoxy. One that was made for bridge anchors. I don't have access to that stuff anymore so I'll have to use the strongest stuff I can get at Home Depot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The weight gain really slows after they reach 100lbs. They still gain, but it's at a very slow rate (unless you happen to be Bob, being weighed on the vet's scale. They tend to add a few pounds by stepping on the scale. ;) )

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The weight gain really slows after they reach 100lbs. They still gain, but it's at a very slow rate (unless you happen to be Bob, being weighed on the vet's scale. They tend to add a few pounds by stepping on the scale. ;) )
Don't know about that! Most of Brad's Sudans gained more than 75 pounds between 20 and 25 years...but, then again, that's Sudans! ;) Then again, Tomas ahs Bill who went from 185 to 215 in the last 12 years...and he's 50...and Senegalese!