Waking up my tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirjojo

5 Year Member
Is it ok to wake him up in the morning by putting him under the basking light? He looks a little scared this morning, kept moving him front legs and head back and forth, almost like he was listening to music. He basked for a while, but moved next to the sone and still didn't want to eat.

Is that normal?

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Well maybe him moving like that is his way to wake up. I just woke mine up because they are babies and cant sleep all day or else they can get too cold. Nd do u eat when u first wake up ? Haha no u wait a little while they could be the same :)

please and thank you

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
The head and leg movement is something they all do. I believe it has something to do with their breathing. Perfectly normal behavior.

sirjojo

5 Year Member
ok now I feel better!!! I thought he was in shock LOL.

so basically I woke him up, put him under the basking light, put food on his plate, new water and went about doing my business. Maybe today at lunch I'll go home and visit him and see how he's doing. He really like Zucchini and I gave him some grape vine "leaf" see if he likes it. Hopefully he does because that's the only fresh green I have available right now at my house. Can't feed him Zucchini all day haha

Status
Not open for further replies.