Waking up from hibernation today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I live in Sunny AZ and it has been a warm January. Today temps were in the low 80's. My little guys have been hibernating since mid October and today one of them came out for a peek. Anybody else in AZ noticing their torts coming out this early? Usually they come out mid Feb to early March.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I live in cloudy New York State. The high temperature today where I live may reach 28 degrees! My Hermann's tortoises went into hibernation outdoors in early October. If I'm lucky I might see one by mid April! I now keep and hiberate my Russians indoors here because our springtimes are too cool and damp when they come out of hibernation. I jealous of everyone who keeps tortoises in the south and southwest! LOL

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
GBtortoises said:
I live in cloudy New York State. The high temperature today where I live may reach 28 degrees! My Hermann's tortoises went into hibernation outdoors in early October. If I'm lucky I might see one by mid April! I now keep and hiberate my Russians indoors here because our springtimes are too cool and damp when they come out of hibernation. I jealous of everyone who keeps tortoises in the south and southwest! LOL

I'm originally from Chicago so I know exactly what you mean. I never take living here for granted. Great place to raise tortoises! Mine stay out all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.