Vygo's Appetite has dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
So I left Sunday for a two night camping trip with friends and left my 4 month old Russian Vygo in the "capable" hands of my mother. I did not move him whatsoever and his lights were on a timer. I had a bag of weeds, prickly pear, and mustard greens for Monday and a bag with collards, weeds, and grass for Tuesday. I came home yesterday to a pile of dried out uneaten food and a somewhat lethargic looking Vygo. He ate about 1/4 of his breakfast and refused to eat his weeds (favorite), collards, mustard greens, prickly pear, or aloe. I did happen to have some romaine lettuce with carrots which I just gave him and he ate 2 small leaves, which is almost nothing for the little pig. He ate 2 bits of agave as well. I'm currently soaking him but what has changed since Sunday morning?! My mom says she didn't touch him and only fed him what was in the bag.

Temps are as follows:
99 in hot and humid spot
90-95 on warm side which is at about 40%
85 in the middle
72-75 on cool dry side (10% humidity)

I have not seen him poo since Sunday and he did urinate about 10 mins ago but it was very cloudy looking. I'm afraid he might be backed up or ate some coco coir??

Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368063704.734398.jpg
Kind of blurry but does his eye appear puffy or swollen?

Update: he just passed a nice pile of goey urates. Not the rocky kind but runny and white. Not sure if relevant...

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I have learned about russians, your temps are too high, except basking area. The low seems fine, but the warm side should be around 80-85.
Basking 95+
Warm and middle 80
Night/cool side 70-75
Humidity 40-60 range

Also, don't forget, as your house warms due to warmer conditions outside, the enclosure temps will rise. You need to have a good temp and humidity gage and adjust according to temps in house too.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
I've got a temp gun and I didn't consider how the temps are going up with summer around the corner. Time to change bulbs out I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.