Vomited and drinking lots

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Heard my hermanns making some strange noises today and looked to see him vomiting kale and dandelion. Now when ive put him in to bathe he wont stop drinking. He has a constant supply of fresh water in his enclosure so im not sure why...
Should i take him to a vet? Its the only time ive ever seen him do this

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
What are his temps and humidity levels in his enclosure-warmth equals digestion. Also soaks are important since many torts will avoid a water dish even when dehydrated. SIll torts

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
What are his temps and humidity levels in his enclosure-warmth equals digestion. Also soaks are important since many torts will avoid a water dish even when dehydrated. SIll torts
32°c under his basking spot and 20°c at the cool end.
I dont have a humidity measurer but he has orchid bark mixed with coco coir substrate that we mist lightly 3-4 times a day.
He usually gets soaks 2 or 3 times a week but i will admit its been about 5 days since his last soak :/

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
How old because babies need to be soaked daily. Attached is a good quick guide
russian-hermann-reference-guide-png.263958

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
SO you may have a soak me tort not a drink from my waterbowl brat! I am going to add a large terra cota saucer to my russians indoor so he can soak at his leisure

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
While i would love to be able to make positive changes e.g. terracotta saucer... i already use one :') ive been soaking him every day and he seems more energetic but he hasnt eaten yet. And i may try changing the saucer to see if he will drink, as i havent seen him drink from this lately and only during his soaks...
Thankyou for the help, im hoping he eats something soon :(

Attachments

• 20191127_001217.jpg
    20191127_001217.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 6

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I keep my under the light so it stay like 85 degrees and warm to entice him. You may just have a stubborn little booger!