Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Maggie is one of my many friends here.
She just came to my rescue.
Stick around. She'll probably become a friend of yours, too.
ME??? Why do you throw my name at a kid? If I had said something offensive Y would have deleted it. Believe me, there is NO advantage to having her as my sister on this forum, just the opposite, did the kid complain about me? Never mind, it ain't no thing. I have a race in 3 hrs so gotta go do tort things and mow the front before the race.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
That's not venting, and it sure reminds ME that other's are being slammed by Covid 19, and honestly, I am not touched in a bad way by it. I love the roads being empty, I have gone speeding up and down 99N, just because I could, I've been self-isolating since before it was fashionable, so what's new there? The grocery store has 'a seniors hours', no freakin kids running screaming up and down, shelves are stocked now always, and the bone of contention...
MASKS...I like that as well. I'm old and wrinkled now, so covering my face is cool, and I get to make-up my eyes dramatically. I think masks are fun, I have 13 of them now, I have 2 favorites, my NASCAR checkered flag, and one of cartoon turtles with dumb smiles on their faces. This is my opinion on that...Our bi**h governor made masks mandatory, and FB has just blown up...even some of my friends, (yes, I do have a couple), are complaining about their rights being taken away. Well, what about MY rights and you putting this old lady in jeopardy because you are too vain to protect ME from YOU. If you are asymptomatic you can make me sick if you are not wearing a mask. So when I see you in town in a mall, without a mask I know just how selfish you really are.
About 2 months ago I had a Drs appt. So I show up, knock on the door and a tech come out with a thermometer, does her thing and says I'll be right back...and she was, telling me I had a temp of 102.5, I couldn't come in. Now, ok I do understand all that protection stuff, but I don't necessarily go to the Dr when I'm feeling good, so now I've got an appointment because I'm sick, but I can't go in and see the DR because I'm sick. So I go home and got sicker and sicker. Last week I had an appointment, the DR come in the room in complete PPE. 2 freakin face masks, one a clear full face shield, and over his nose and mouth a mask with 2 respirators on it. I said you're kidding, right? Nope and in the 20 minute appt I understood 4 words I think. It made me feel less than, I took it personally I think. Well, I know I took it personally, but at least I was wearing a mask; the one with classic cars on it...
View attachment 299230
That's not venting, and it sure reminds ME that other's are being slammed by Covid 19, and honestly, I am not touched in a bad way by it. I love the roads being empty, I have gone speeding up and down 99N, just because I could, I've been self-isolating since before it was fashionable, so what's new there? The grocery store has 'a seniors hours', no freakin kids running screaming up and down, shelves are stocked now always, and the bone of contention...
MASKS...I like that as well. I'm old and wrinkled now, so covering my face is cool, and I get to make-up my eyes dramatically. I think masks are fun, I have 13 of them now, I have 2 favorites, my NASCAR checkered flag, and one of cartoon turtles with dumb smiles on their faces. This is my opinion on that...Our bi**h governor made masks mandatory, and FB has just blown up...even some of my friends, (yes, I do have a couple), are complaining about their rights being taken away. Well, what about MY rights and you putting this old lady in jeopardy because you are too vain to protect ME from YOU. If you are asymptomatic you can make me sick if you are not wearing a mask. So when I see you in town in a mall, without a mask I know just how selfish you really are.
About 2 months ago I had a Drs appt. So I show up, knock on the door and a tech come out with a thermometer, does her thing and says I'll be right back...and she was, telling me I had a temp of 102.5, I couldn't come in. Now, ok I do understand all that protection stuff, but I don't necessarily go to the Dr when I'm feeling good, so now I've got an appointment because I'm sick, but I can't go in and see the DR because I'm sick. So I go home and got sicker and sicker. Last week I had an appointment, the DR come in the room in complete PPE. 2 freakin face masks, one a clear full face shield, and over his nose and mouth a mask with 2 respirators on it. I said you're kidding, right? Nope and in the 20 minute appt I understood 4 words I think. It made me feel less than, I took it personally I think. Well, I know I took it personally, but at least I was wearing a mask; the one with classic cars on it...
View attachment 299230
Nice mask! I hope you’re feeling better. It is ironic that a doctor would throw you out when you’re sick. Weird times.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so glad you vented. Please vent again, as much as you want. ?

I could be wrong, but I think if you visit a medical office in Florida, you have to wear a face mask. The entire time. And you aren't likely to be visiting a medical office in Florida if there's any way they can possibly handle your issue remotely.

When I got my hair cut recently, I had to wear a mask. It was something to get used to, but I understood the why.

I think it's even more important for medical professionals to share and vent about stuff like this (if they want to and feel up to it). It's a perspective we don't often see directly.
I totally agree with that. Because I have a daughter in law that's an RN volunteer through all of this I'm hearing things that aren't being said on most of the news stations.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
ME??? Why do you throw my name at a kid? If I had said something offensive Y would have deleted it. Believe me, there is NO advantage to having her as my sister on this forum, just the opposite, did the kid complain about me? Never mind, it ain't no thing. I have a race in 3 hrs so gotta go do tort things and mow the front before the race.
No Maggie.
I think you must have misunderstood my intentions.
And no.
Nobody complained about you.
It wasn't meant to be anything negative at all. More of a joke.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
No Maggie.
I think you must have misunderstood my intentions.
And no.
Nobody complained about you.
It wasn't meant to be anything negative at all. More of a joke.
I would never misunderstand your intentions, I just went back on you...lol Yes, I guess I did stick up for you. I never thought about it that way. I believe you are a genuinely nice person, and you wouldn't be mean. I trust you

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would never misunderstand your intentions, I just went back on you...lol Yes, I guess I did stick up for you. I never thought about it that way. I believe you are a genuinely nice person, and you wouldn't be mean. I trust you
Good
You know that I honestly care for you.
We are indeed friends.
And thanks for sticking up for me

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That is not VENTING! You are just being honest about a topic that ranges from far-fetched to world ending point of views from EXPERTS and blather heads! COVID-19 is very contagious so please wear a mask around others, wash hands frequently, and please stay 60' feet away from me! I know how far a sneeze travels and I would hate to have to pop you in the kisser for sneezing on me now.
Amen.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Due to COVID, there has been a move toward non-congregate sheltering planning for hurricane season. Basically, that's how to shelter from the tropical cyclone without cramming your sheltering population into places that would backfire from a COVID prevention and control standpoint. So sheltering in schools is probably not a good idea this year, at least for at-risk populations for COVID.

Not loving what I see on the National Hurricane Center's Atlantic 5-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook at https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php... The area it shows for 40-60 percent development stretches across the entire Florida Panhandle, then up the Eastern Seaboard. Highest likelihood of development is after it gets into the Atlantic. So... Fun with weather for some people, the next few days. Maybe.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Due to COVID, there has been a move toward non-congregate sheltering planning for hurricane season. Basically, that's how to shelter from the tropical cyclone without cramming your sheltering population into places that would backfire from a COVID prevention and control standpoint. So sheltering in schools is probably not a good idea this year, at least for at-risk populations for COVID.

Not loving what I see on the National Hurricane Center's Atlantic 5-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook at https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php... The area it shows for 40-60 percent development stretches across the entire Florida Panhandle, then up the Eastern Seaboard. Highest likelihood of development is after it gets into the Atlantic. So... Fun with weather for some people, the next few days. Maybe.
I'll be thinking,hoping,and praying for all of our Florida friends. Hurricane with a pandemic is a crazy thought..it's not an easy state to live in.?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

No El Nino. Hot seas.
It'll be a rough one

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'll be thinking,hoping,and praying for all of our Florida friends. Hurricane with a pandemic is a crazy thought..it's not an easy state to live in.?
Soon the whole neighborhood will be waving at me and wanting to talk....
They know I repair generators....But I know that they still have the same old rotten gasoline in them from the last hurricane!
Drain your gas tanks and run your engine until it's out of gas at the end of every season.
And use fuel stabilizer, people.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Soon the whole neighborhood will be waving at me and wanting to talk....
They know I repair generators....But I know that they still have the same old rotten gasoline in them from the last hurricane!
Drain your gas tanks and run your engine until it's out of gas at the end of every season.
And use fuel stabilizer, people.
The more I read of yours, the more I think you must be one of them real handy men.

KronksMom

Illinois
I saw a really cool YouTube channel for people in that situation called something like "Dad, how do I" and it is him showing how to do a bunch of things that typically a father would teach you how to do. Things like unclog a sink or tie a tie, stuff like that. He said that growing up without a father, he wanted to create a place for other kids to look for the answers to those questions that he struggled to find. Or something like that, I came across it a while ago, my explanation probably isn't doing it justice. But it sounds like a guy just making the most out of what life gave him, and trying help others in a similar situation.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I saw a really cool YouTube channel for people in that situation called something like "Dad, how do I" and it is him showing how to do a bunch of things that typically a father would teach you how to do. Things like unclog a sink or tie a tie, stuff like that. He said that growing up without a father, he wanted to create a place for other kids to look for the answers to those questions that he struggled to find. Or something like that, I came across it a while ago, my explanation probably isn't doing it justice. But it sounds like a guy just making the most out of what life gave him, and trying help others in a similar situation.
I learned how to repair everything because I was the dad.
We also didn't have extra money to get things fixed.
Later on I also went to school and got better acquainted with mechanical things. Then professionally repaired them for 36 years for my local school boards vehicle maintenance department.
Now I hold several useless ASE certificates as well as Honda, Kawasaki and Polaris factory training.
None of which I'll likely ever need again

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our news on channel 10 did an article on him just recently. He's probably getting really popular.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I learned how to repair everything because I was the dad.
We also didn't have extra money to get things fixed.
Later on I also went to school and got better acquainted with mechanical things. Then professionally repaired them for 36 years for my local school boards vehicle maintenance department.
Now I hold several useless ASE certificates as well as Honda, Kawasaki and Polaris factory training.
None of which I'll likely ever need again
Are you proficient in Chevy?