Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
All the gloves do is collect bacteria on them and are really a bad deal...carry hand sanitizer with you...be careful of what you touch and just spray your hands as you go...don't touch your face, (I have long hair and am constantly tucking it behind a ear). be very aware of what you touch, think about it first, and spray spray and spray...much better than gloves...and please think about your car door handle, and the steering wheel, your keys...your credit card, don't use money, spray the keypad, your hands and the card...and...most of all...stay safe and don't get stressed out... ? today we will hit the 70's for the first time in 6 months...I will wash and wax my car...yippeeee and let tortoises out
Yes. I have never understood how gloves can protect anyone if virus can go through a porcelain filter. It's best to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if you can't. Hope you and your tortoises had a blast.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I have a 4’ metal fence in front yard the runs right beside the sidewalk. Years ago I mounted my lockable mailbox so that the mail carrier wouldn’t have to do more than stop and turn to put the mail in the box. To be a good neighbor I use my 1 gallon sprayer filled with Chlorhexadine mix to spray down the fence and mailbox daily! So said for all the folks loosing jobs- I am on 12’s now due to added assignments

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a 4’ metal fence in front yard the runs right beside the sidewalk. Years ago I mounted my lockable mailbox so that the mail carrier wouldn’t have to do more than stop and turn to put the mail in the box. To be a good neighbor I use my 1 gallon sprayer filled with Chlorhexadine mix to spray down the fence and mailbox daily! So said for all the folks loosing jobs- I am on 12’s now due to added assignments
Yep. Essential service people deserve a great big THANKS!??. And even the office workers trying to get the benefits out so that families can deal with no money coming. Oh by the by, I didn't take your Christmas card down yet...

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
So, the mandatory wearing of masks in public is pretty much everywhere now?
If so, have you also been prohibited from wearing the "better" type masks?
Ed, I have not seen anything prohibiting wearing N95 masks if you already own them. No one has asked the public to turn over their masks to be given to health care workers. The only news I've seen in that regards is people who have hoarded vast quantities of them, like the guy in Baltimore who had a million masks plus other supplies in his house. Authorities did confiscate those.

Why wouldn't people be allowed to wear them? I believe we are not supposed to buy them. It's true that the mandates should say that, and they don't. But how is a mask in your tool shed going to help first responders? Seems to me it can only help you.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
In Virginia We have code 18.2-422 that includes ---(b) the declaration of a disaster or state of emergency by the Governor in response to a public health emergency where the emergency declaration expressly waives this section, defines the mask appropriate for the emergency, and provides for the duration of the waiver. The violation of any provisions of this section is a Class 6 felony.-- Very surprising that our lawmakers saw into the future when this was last updated in 2014. Honestly even without that clause you might get into trouble IF YOU DON'T WEAR A MASK IN PUBLIC! Again the primary reason for the mask is particle transmission which is a two way street- CIVID-19 positive emit it into the air (cough/sneeze) and no + inhale it. Washing hands is the other key to this system, hand sanitizer may kill the COVID-19, but frequent & dilligent hand washing physically removes it from your skin. ALSO the State of VA has now warned all hospitals to not hoard N-95 masks :rolleyes:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I found some old N95 masks I used to cut the grass. I've been wearing them when I go out and carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
hopefully it gets you through until this straightens out , that money won't last as long as you may think ….. spend it , it'll help more than giving it to bureaucrats ….. I have no idea how the virus part plays out , but I believe the financial part is going to get a lot worse before it improves …...…….. I read today a 15yr old boy , a member of a remote Amazonian tribe has died from covid 19 ……….. I initially thought this would be good "practice" for when a serious virus becomes a pandemic , seems I was wrong , this doesn't appear to be practice ………… hopefully this highlights the downfalls to globalism and dependence on your neighbors …….. if you got a great neighbor , helps you with everything , every time you need it , when it comes down to their family or yours , reality is their for theirs and hopefully your for yours , it's human nature , actually animal nature ………. seems common sense , but you know what they say about common sense ……...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, the mandatory wearing of masks in public is pretty much everywhere now?
If so, have you also been prohibited from wearing the "better" type masks?
Yes, they're even encouraging us to make masks out of cloth and save the store bought ones for hospital workers, etc.

I wonder his passenger had been wearing a mask this bus driver would not have died: A bus driver in Detroit posted a video on social video saying, ""I feel violated. I feel violated for the folks that were on the bus when this happened," Jason Hargrove said in a Facebook video about a passenger's not covering her mouth when coughing. Mr. Hargrove died two weeks later of the corona virus.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yes, they're even encouraging us to make masks out of cloth and save the store bought ones for hospital workers, etc.

I wonder his passenger had been wearing a mask this bus driver would not have died: A bus driver in Detroit posted a video on social video saying, ""I feel violated. I feel violated for the folks that were on the bus when this happened," Jason Hargrove said in a Facebook video about a passenger's not covering her mouth when coughing. Mr. Hargrove died two weeks later of the corona virus.
I use the N95 masks...They fog up my glasses and I feel like a freakin idiot....personally i don't care about not infecting anyone else...I am now out for me and me only...I just bought 2 (two) 12 rolls t-paper...I am now safe...( ? )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use the N95 masks...They fog up my glasses and I feel like a freakin idiot....personally i don't care about not infecting anyone else...I am now out for me and me only...I just bought 2 (two) 12 rolls t-paper...I am now safe...( ? )
I can't seem to get enough oxygen breathing through a mask. My daughter came over yesterday morning to help me remove my kitten's spay surgery stitches (she had been avoiding coming over so as to not expose me to anything she may have picked up at her work in the school cafeteria), and I wore a mask. I had to remove it because I couldn't seem to breathe properly.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee

Amid coronavirus, Navajo Nation to go under 57-hour weekend curfew starting 8 p.m. Friday

Just FYI. And these pictures look all nice-nice, but the National Guard is there and other "unidentified military personnel". I can't get into further details based on my job, but "freight" isn't being allowed in.

-Meg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
oh for cripe's sake! I just read on the 4ocean site that people are discarding their used masks and gloves on the ground. What the heck is wrong with people?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
oh for cripe's sake! I just read on the 4ocean site that people are discarding their used masks and gloves on the ground. What the heck is wrong with people?

While I waited for wifey to finish up grocery shopping yesterday, I saw three shoppers toss their disposable gloves into the air. It was really windy, they just blew off to Delaware i guess!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The wonderful and wise folks in charge....
Governor Desantis and our bugeyed Superintendent Runcie have called my wife back in to work this Monday and Wednesday.
Apparently SHE is the CANARY in the coal mine.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Amid coronavirus, Navajo Nation to go under 57-hour weekend curfew starting 8 p.m. Friday

Just FYI. And these pictures look all nice-nice, but the National Guard is there and other "unidentified military personnel". I can't get into further details based on my job, but "freight" isn't being allowed in.

-Meg

So, is Navajo Nation all around Gallup? It’s a close knit community, so i could see the cv spreading easily....and zi know there are some super secret facilities in & about NM. Can’t have everyone in critical positions calling in sick!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
The wonderful and wise folks in charge....
Governor Desantis and our bugeyed Superintendent Runcie have called my wife back in to work this Monday and Wednesday.
Apparently SHE is the CANARY in the coal mine.

I still don’t understand Desantis’ position on “church” attendance (let alone the beaches).

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Window Rock is actually the "capital" which is a little ways from Gallup. And I am about 2-3 hours from there. But the reservation hits three of the four corner states.
Actually this is one of those situations where wikipedia is pretty accurate and concise and shows a pretty descent picture of where the nation is and explains a lot of other things.

As for the why.. lets just say there have been a lot of lies and misleading info..

-Meg