Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
one of my vet's employees reported out sick and because the vet doesn't know what the sickness is he has stopped all contact.
Oh i didn't see this. Maybe he still has someone to cover? in his absence? I'll be thinking of you and kitty for a good outcome.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
i don't believe they're clueless , i believe they know what needs done , and what can't be done ......I believe the prevailing idea is to prolong the length of time over which people become exposed , the longer the better , as frightening as that is ……as it stands now I believe exposure is the only cure …….... I don't believe this goes away without a lifetime vaccine , which is doubtful ……... it becomes less dangerous when everybody has been exposed to it and survived , or they have a yearly vaccination and proven treatments , such as anti-virals ……..it's highly doubtful this is going to disappear ever, hopefully it's seasonal ..........i'm sure the government knows this ……… the science is full of conjecture ……... china's government made a horrible error and put a serious hurting on this world ......... parvo in dogs was similar , it made it's way around the world in like 6 months , was very contagious , very deadly , like 10% in adult dogs and 90% in puppies , the virus could live on surfaces for months ...... it's still around and really not an issue , the vets used to make you keep a suspected case in the car and then bring them in the backdoor , most wild animals like raccoons , coyotes carry it , most dogs are immune to it from exposure .........

There are no "lifetime vaccines" and they will never be able to be made, because the "memory cell" for lifetime immunity is the first cell made in the immune cascade and can only happen within the immune system of individuals after a reletively strong "natural exposure" occurring at the mucus membrane. Approximately 5% of the population have a genetic inability to make antibodies or hold immunity for a particular disease. There are some states and other countries who have not imposed quarantine measures in an attempt to reach the "herd immunity" status quicker, which can occur at even 65% of the population. We must remember that this is a very mild illness for approximately 98-99% of the population.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A tiger at the BRONX ZOO just tested positive for CIVOD-19 and is I'll from it.
Several other big cats at the zoo are also ill.
Nice . New and concerning...
Wow. I didn't see that the cats were ill. I have read that cats can be sick with a strep you got treated for. But left unchecked in them...so you just keep getting it back...

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Man.
I just cooked some Salmon I found in the freezer.
I don't remember buying it or how long I've had it. (I've only had that 'fridge for a year.)
It came out ok.
Neither of us like Salmon.
So it's todays mystery.
Man.
I just cooked some Salmon I found in the freezer.
I don't remember buying it or how long I've had it. (I've only had that 'fridge for a year.)
It came out ok.
Neither of us like Salmon.
So it's todays mystery.
Salmon! Uhh? I deslike any types of fish lol. I used to keep help feral cats. Most of the part they licked being Scratched in the Chin.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What’s o

What’s your Job?
I train animals for film. All animals. I do several big cat jobs a year, and frequently visit the compounds of friends who have them. I'm not really one of the "big cat guys", but I've raised a few from babies, and been around them for years. I always had a preference for the apes and monkeys.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
There are no "lifetime vaccines" and they will never be able to be made, because the "memory cell" for lifetime immunity is the first cell made in the immune cascade and can only happen within the immune system of individuals after a reletively strong "natural exposure" occurring at the mucus membrane. Approximately 5% of the population have a genetic inability to make antibodies or hold immunity for a particular disease. There are some states and other countries who have not imposed quarantine measures in an attempt to reach the "herd immunity" status quicker, which can occur at even 65% of the population. We must remember that this is a very mild illness for approximately 98-99% of the population.

in dogs I believe there are , and you have non-responders in dogs also …… rotts and pits were notorious for getting parvo no matter how well vaccinated they were ……. knowing hundreds of Bordeaux dogs , I've never seen one get parvo …….. can you get measles twice ? chicken pox ? I know I vaccinate pups at 12 weeks for parvo and distemper , and never again , my dogs are exposed to massive amounts of diseases , other dogs , wildlife , constantly ….. I've never had a dog get parvo or distemper ……. when I was young we had pitbulls get both …..

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
in dogs I believe there are , and you have non-responders in dogs also …… rotts and pits were notorious for getting parvo no matter how well vaccinated they were ……. knowing hundreds of Bordeaux dogs , I've never seen one get parvo …….. can you get measles twice ? chicken pox ? I know I vaccinate pups at 12 weeks for parvo and distemper , and never again , my dogs are exposed to massive amounts of diseases , other dogs , wildlife , constantly ….. I've never had a dog get parvo or distemper ……. when I was young we had pitbulls get both …..
I can attest to the fact that you CAN have full blown Chicken Pox twice.....

KronksMom

Illinois
I've had chicken pox twice.
That's not supposed to happen.
I've had chicken pox 3 times now. The second time I got it the doctor said I must have been misdiagnosed the first time. So I went back the third time and he said, "Ok, this changes things." Apparently I will never develop an immunity to chicken pox, always need to be careful around it, and especially need to be careful of shingles. He strongly recommended the shingles vaccine for me. I still haven't done it, but it's something I think about.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
After much fruitless searching, I found a thermometer today to replace the old, sealed, dying digital unit I've had for years.
It was at Walmart in the pediatrics area, above the displays laying in the overstock area.
Some days it's great to be tall.

20200407_134416.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
This is my ride home, this is usually bumper to bumper traffic. It feels really ominous.View attachment 290065

I had been taking my car out on our roads that look like that...just to get out of the house and drive off some tension...but just now I heard a ruckus out in the street...there were 2 ambulances, 2 sheriff cars and another neighbor...we are being nosy, and 2 EMT's brought out a stretcher w/my neighbor a man 40 something...the EMT's were in full on Hazmat suits, then out came the wife on a stretcher, again Hazmat suits, and we asked a neighbor on the other side and he said they both tested positive for the virus. Wonder why the cops??...Yep, it feels pretty serious all the sudden...bet their house is not 40 yards away from me....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had been taking my car out on our roads that look like that...just to get out of the house and drive off some tension...but just now I heard a ruckus out in the street...there were 2 ambulances, 2 sheriff cars and another neighbor...we are being nosy, and 2 EMT's brought out a stretcher w/my neighbor a man 40 something...the EMT's were in full on Hazmat suits, then out came the wife on a stretcher, again Hazmat suits, and we asked a neighbor on the other side and he said they both tested positive for the virus. Wonder why the cops??...Yep, it feels pretty serious all the sudden...bet their house is not 40 yards away from me....
Stay safe, Maggie.
Soon, most of us will have been exposed to this. The odds are still great for survival.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club