Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
in the medical field, “potentially positive” is used for the person who has all the symptoms but isn’t able to actually have a test... the government F”d up when they set up all the drive thru testing sites and used the tests for anyone who just wanted to drive thru... now they can’t get enough for those who actually need them...
The way I understand it is that you need a referral or prescription from a doctor to get the drive thru test.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Flu, corona, whatever...... just stay safe!!! There’s worse things than being stuck at home with Murphy & Marge!
I’ll send you some soup if you need;-)
When the doctor said it could possibly be Coronavirus I told him that's impossible, I've got over 200 rolls of toilet paper and 40 cases of Costco water at the house......

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You both have so much in common!

Of course, people who talk to themselves are better at, well, stuff...

I kinda think you are just thinking out loud. At least I hope so...?cause I've been doing it for years. Sometimes it sounds so stupid I realize I should rethink it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Trucks carrying non essential stuff, like log trks, paper, and the like are shut down...The trks hauling any of the essentials like the infamous t-paper, meds, food, CAT LITTER well,maybe not cat litter...essential trucks have an increase in hours of service...that means tired stressed truck drivers will be dangerous on the road...I was en experienced OTR driver and I know after 15 hours of pulling a fully loaded 53' trailer with all that entails, you are only capable of holding on to the steering wheel...ya can't even think...and don't come down on me...I was in good shape physically and mentally...and I manufactured log book regularly now they are electronic...I'm not sure how you can cheat on them...
Yes, and just think of the grocery store clerks and the medical profession. Those people have to keep trying because of their dedication. Yet, the reason they've had to change their hours of operation is because store clerks were being attacked while trying to stock what had been delivered by tired truck drivers. I hope they all don't get so fed up they change professions...

ZenHerper

New Jersey
I kinda think you are just thinking out loud. At least I hope so...?cause I've been doing it for years. Sometimes it sounds so stupid I realize I should rethink it.

Well I think a lot of what goes on there is bringing all ideas, conscious and unconscious, to the front of our awareness. Then the real-time info processors can actively engage what we already know with what is currently taking place. Our brains are wired for information to come in through the ears, so it is a real kind of signal boost for mental processing.

That studies are finding coincidence of audible self-talk with higher intelligence is the nya-nya on the cake whenever someone rolls their eyes while you're doing it!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
When the doctor said it could possibly be Coronavirus I told him that's impossible, I've got over 200 rolls of toilet paper and 40 cases of Costco water at the house......
So that's why I couldn't find any t-paper...? oh man...My church is closed...but they're sending members around to check on us seniors, and they brought me 10 rolls of t-paper...without me asking...I live in a smallish town with students from OSU as most of our population...musta opened the door of all the old folks homes tho to come to the store, cuz they did and were just as stupid acting like the hoarders...Hell I took 2 big things of cat litter from the 6 they had...that's the only hoarding I did...Oregon borders are now closed, the b***h governor is trying to implement a 3 week mandatory house arrest...go into town you'll get arrested or get a ticket unless you can prove an urgent thing. I am sly and could use a 2 lane to go to visit my family on the California coast...2 lanes don't have a POE...but in a closed state with outta state plates would cause me to get in maybe more trouble than I need. That trip is cancelled, now I am getting afraid I won't get to see my family and my sister before she or I dies...So as usual when I'm upset or sad...I go play with Big Sam and Knobby...oh and it now looks like she's going to enact Marshall law, the National Guard is gathering less than 2 miles from my house...and what used to be normal people assaulted Meg and damaged her hand..that enrages me...so I'm gonna go take a few antidepressants and go outside...

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
YAY!!! Glad to see Maggie home safe and sound.

It's all good. My typing is just slowed now. And it's a delightful shade of purple! :)

I have had 5 incidents this week at work where police have had to be called. And let me tell you the cops here aren't impressing me. I'm beginning to think I should start taking notes and write a book after this. LOL.. The stories I could tell.

-Meg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well I think a lot of what goes on there is bringing all ideas, conscious and unconscious, to the front of our awareness. Then the real-time info processors can actively engage what we already know with what is currently taking place. Our brains are wired for information to come in through the ears, so it is a real kind of signal boost for mental processing.

That studies are finding coincidence of audible self-talk with higher intelligence is the nya-nya on the cake whenever someone rolls their eyes while you're doing it!
Yep... an idea that's actually spoken is remembered easier. That's why I always try to brain storm with the people around me. If they disagree that's good too. It takes negative and positive to come up with a real truth. Most people think I'm nuts but my kids are used to it. Now they're doing it to me.????

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Not sure why but we've had military helicopters flying around off and on since last night here.

New Jersey is covered with military installations, so we're pretty used to convoys, etc.. They have been visibly on the move, but no one makes too much of it.

Of course, if the feds did invade us, we'd be the last to know...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good website by Johns Hopkins tracking Corona.. Confirmed cases up 2,500 since this morning. & climbing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So that's why I couldn't find any t-paper...? oh man...My church is closed...but they're sending members around to check on us seniors, and they brought me 10 rolls of t-paper...without me asking...I live in a smallish town with students from OSU as most of our population...musta opened the door of all the old folks homes tho to come to the store, cuz they did and were just as stupid acting like the hoarders...Hell I took 2 big things of cat litter from the 6 they had...that's the only hoarding I did...Oregon borders are now closed, the b***h governor is trying to implement a 3 week mandatory house arrest...go into town you'll get arrested or get a ticket unless you can prove an urgent thing. I am sly and could use a 2 lane to go to visit my family on the California coast...2 lanes don't have a POE...but in a closed state with outta state plates would cause me to get in maybe more trouble than I need. That trip is cancelled, now I am getting afraid I won't get to see my family and my sister before she or I dies...So as usual when I'm upset or sad...I go play with Big Sam and Knobby...oh and it now looks like she's going to enact Marshall law, the National Guard is gathering less than 2 miles from my house...and what used to be normal people assaulted Meg and damaged her hand..that enrages me...so I'm gonna go take a few antidepressants and go outside...
That's why I think the number of cases in Ohio can't possibly be so low. We have OSU and some major airports. Probably a lot of people have already recovered though. Some maybe not and it was chalked up as they had health problems and caught a cold. I don't go out anymore then I have to anyway so I don't feel to much deprived. I've always used distilled water in my humidifiers and can't get that so far. I can always use tap water though. I have tp, paper towels, soap, hot water, food, hand sanitizer etc...people are being so stupid and spending all of their money on stuff that might take years to use. I'm picturing people in houses so full of stuff...that they have to camp out in a tent with a gun...to protect their stuff in the house.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's why I think the number of cases in Ohio can't possibly be so low. We have OSU and some major airports. Probably a lot of people have already recovered though. Some maybe not and it was chalked up as they had health problems and caught a cold. I don't go out anymore then I have to anyway so I don't feel to much deprived. I've always used distilled water in my humidifiers and can't get that so far. I can always use tap water though. I have tp, paper towels, soap, hot water, food, hand sanitizer etc...people are being so stupid and spending all of their money on stuff that might take years to use. I'm picturing people in houses so full of stuff...that they have to camp out in a tent with a gun...to protect their stuff in the house.?
. . . or if their house ever catches fire it'll smolder for weeks with all that T- paper!!

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Yep... an idea that's actually spoken is remembered easier. That's why I always try to brain storm with the people around me. If they disagree that's good too. It takes negative and positive to come up with a real truth. Most people think I'm nuts but my kids are used to it. Now they're doing it to me.????
I’ve always done that I often wonder if the people around me are getting tired of hearing by hair brained ideas haha

Macca33

MN
Hi to everyone- I hope you are all staying safe and healthy (or at least sticking to the flu ;) ) Haven't seen any updates for MN on this thread, so thought I'd chime in. here is the scenario as of today, virus-wise:
1584733138296.png
Gas prices have been reported as low as $1.50 a gal. All schools are closed and most if not all have switched over to "remote learning"/online classes. My wife is a middle school teacher and they have been working this week on getting lessons and plans together to start teaching virtually on Monday the 23rd. Most teachers are working from their homes. My wife and I are working from home and have our 2 year-old home with us. I'm a Mental Health Practitioner and have been trying my best to get all my clients access to telemed... it's been an adjustment for sure.

Other people/professions are working from home/remotely if possible, and many companies are attempting to transition their employees who currently report to work, to work from home. Most people are staying indoors and quarantining themselves and limiting social contact.
Gov order the following closures
The full list of closures are as follows:
  • Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption, excluding institutional or in-house food cafeterias that serve residents, employees, and clients of businesses, child care facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
  • Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
  • Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on-premises consumption.
  • Theaters, cinemas, indoor and outdoor performance venues, and museums.
  • Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and spas.
  • Amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and other similar recreational or entertainment facilities.
  • Country clubs, golf clubs, boating or yacht clubs, sports or athletic clubs, and dining clubs.
In the stores.... forget about trying to find many cleaning supplies or hand sanitizers. TP is VERY hard to find, or impossible. Most stores sell out within an hour of opening and/or within an hour of shipment. Grocery stores seem to be getting the food people need in stock, but often items are missing or are sold out quickly: Paper goods, canned goods, dry goods, etc. I must say, considering the circumstances, the stores and their employees are doing a good job of keeping stocked despite the panic shopping. It's not uncommon to see empty shelves although that seems to be waning for now....

I'm considering filling up some of my gas containers for the mower, etc. early this year... JIC. I don't know what's going on with gas but it might be a good idea. Since TP is so hard to find, I've finally hooked up the bidet I bought my wife for Christmas three years ago (we moved two years ago and I just hadn't installed the outlet for it yet, lol). I have to say... if you can get your hands on a nice unit go for it! Heated seat, heated spray, and heated dryer. The only thing it doesn't do is give you a spank on the bottom when you're done ;)

Basically, like others on this forum, we are just trying to be prepared and staying calm. No sense in panicking. No need to hoard. We have a number of relatives whose immune systems are compromised and we are helping them get what they need and making sure they are playing it safe.

Oh, and Raph doesn't care what's going on as long as he can watch the action:
20200320_145751.jpg

Be well and be safe everyone!!
?

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Hi to everyone- I hope you are all staying safe and healthy (or at least sticking to the flu ;) ) Haven't seen any updates for MN on this thread, so thought I'd chime in. here is the scenario as of today, virus-wise:
View attachment 288495
Gas prices have been reported as low as $1.50 a gal. All schools are closed and most if not all have switched over to "remote learning"/online classes. My wife is a middle school teacher and they have been working this week on getting lessons and plans together to start teaching virtually on Monday the 23rd. Most teachers are working from their homes. My wife and I are working from home and have our 2 year-old home with us. I'm a Mental Health Practitioner and have been trying my best to get all my clients access to telemed... it's been an adjustment for sure.

Other people/professions are working from home/remotely if possible, and many companies are attempting to transition their employees who currently report to work, to work from home. Most people are staying indoors and quarantining themselves and limiting social contact.
Gov order the following closures
The full list of closures are as follows:
  • Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption, excluding institutional or in-house food cafeterias that serve residents, employees, and clients of businesses, child care facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
  • Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
  • Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on-premises consumption.
  • Theaters, cinemas, indoor and outdoor performance venues, and museums.
  • Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and spas.
  • Amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and other similar recreational or entertainment facilities.
  • Country clubs, golf clubs, boating or yacht clubs, sports or athletic clubs, and dining clubs.
In the stores.... forget about trying to find many cleaning supplies or hand sanitizers. TP is VERY hard to find, or impossible. Most stores sell out within an hour of opening and/or within an hour of shipment. Grocery stores seem to be getting the food people need in stock, but often items are missing or are sold out quickly: Paper goods, canned goods, dry goods, etc. I must say, considering the circumstances, the stores and their employees are doing a good job of keeping stocked despite the panic shopping. It's not uncommon to see empty shelves although that seems to be waning for now....

I'm considering filling up some of my gas containers for the mower, etc. early this year... JIC. I don't know what's going on with gas but it might be a good idea. Since TP is so hard to find, I've finally hooked up the bidet I bought my wife for Christmas three years ago (we moved two years ago and I just hadn't installed the outlet for it yet, lol). I have to say... if you can get your hands on a nice unit go for it! Heated seat, heated spray, and heated dryer. The only thing it doesn't do is give you a spank on the bottom when you're done ;)

Basically, like others on this forum, we are just trying to be prepared and staying calm. No sense in panicking. No need to hoard. We have a number of relatives whose immune systems are compromised and we are helping them get what they need and making sure they are playing it safe.

Oh, and Raph doesn't care what's going on as long as he can watch the action:
View attachment 288496

Be well and be safe everyone!!
?
Do they break down those confirmed corona virus cases to which are actually #19#?

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
The more tests being done finds more infected humans because it is spreading or is it is that it has been here for a number of time we cannot determine? I know several people who had very strong immune reactions (flue symptoms) in the past year who did not go to the dr., my 68 yr old father included. Took him almost 3 weeks to heal. Started as a very dry cough, then turned nasty in the lungs. He stayed home the entire time. Good to go now. What was that? Around the Holidays we had a ton of people out sick at work..... like being sent home. All this just reminds me of what we face every day.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
The more tests being done finds more infected humans because it is spreading or is it is that it has been here for a number of time we cannot determine? I know several people who had very strong immune reactions (flue symptoms) in the past year who did not go to the dr., my 68 yr old father included. Took him almost 3 weeks to heal. Started as a very dry cough, then turned nasty in the lungs. He stayed home the entire time. Good to go now. What was that? Around the Holidays we had a ton of people out sick at work..... like being sent home. All this just reminds me of what we face every day.

This virus originated in its human-infective form in a very specific part of China in December 2019. Covid-(20)19 has symptoms in common with other illnesses, but when severe it is the lungs that are primarily affected.

Epidemiologists, doctors, and other scientists have been gathering specific facts. Organizations like the U.S. CDC, the U.S. NIH, and the World Health Organization (WHO) have been compiling this information in easy-to-read formats. Please don't rely on rumors or political rhetoric; go to a legitimate source of scientific, medical data.

Yes, if we managed the annual influenza season in the U.S. more rationally and pro-socially, fewer people would die from flu. As long as minimum wage levels are not living wages, people will continue to have no choice but to work when sick. As long as people are penalized for staying home with sick children, those children will be put on buses and sent to school with compromised immune function.