Virus supplies worldwide comparison

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
That's some hardcore prepping.

I've lost one income stream (too much direct contact with people).

It would be nice if we could all move around less and squash the curve, but my other job lets me see too much of how gross and entitled people are. *sigh*

Amazon has stopped letting mass re-sellers buy up all of their cleaning supplies, so you may be able to find stock there. Some brick-and-mortar retailers are limiting purchase quantities to keep communities more or less equally supplied.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Getting crazy fast here as well
I'm honestly more worried about paying my bills than I am the illness. My 88 year old grandmother lives with me and I do worry for her. I went to 5 stores this morning and they're all out of Toilet paper, paper towels, bread, and water.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I thought that this might be an interesting venture. Made possible by the fact that we have members from every corner of the world...

Please report with a description or with photos, the virus situation in your area.
Here in southeast Florida, we have just a few cases of the virus and no deaths. However, people are fighting over rolls of toilet paper and you are hard pressed to find BLEACH, ALCOHOL, DISINFECTANT WIPES AND SPRAY, TOILET PAPER, PAPER TOWELS, BOTTLED WATER,SURGICAL GLOVES OR MASKS or HAND SANITIZER.
We're a little used to this happening here to some extent right before a hurricane hits. But that would include BATTERIES, WATER and GASOLINE.

20200313_100135.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I went to five different stores this morning. No bread, meat, milk, paper towels/toilet paper, water/soda, dog or cat food, or cleaning supplies.IMG_20200313_081119731.jpgIMG_20200313_080915350.jpgIMG_20200313_080853509.jpgIMG_20200313_080602558.jpg

ZenHerper

New Jersey
I'm honestly more worried about paying my bills than I am the illness. My 88 year old grandmother lives with me and I do worry for her. I went to 5 stores this morning and they're all out of Toilet paper, paper towels, bread, and water.

Contact your state's unemployment office to see what the current policy is for folks who have been temporarily put on hold. As things develop and states go Emergency Status, more resources may become available for income replacement.

Bread, you might consider doing the old-fashioned way!

((Hugs))

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We made a run to our local SamsClub yesterday....parking lot was full at 1400 in the afternoon. Didnt go inside. We went first thing this morning at 0830 - same thing. Packed. Ppl standing in line for cases of water, but we circumnavigated that line & bought cases of Propel. No paper towels or toilet paper. We bought paper plates & paper napkins too. Lots of empty shelves, including bread/rolls. Everything else seemed ok.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Went in to town yesterday...our governor passed a bill that there cannot be a gathering of over 250 people in Oregon...I live in a small town, they are 10 cases of actual virus. Schools are cancelled, all the athletic events cancelled, people are freaked out...I stocked up on Stoffers, and soda...there was no rice, beans, or pasta, I literally got the last 4 freakin rolls of t paper...this is a town so small that I have the only red IROC and everybody knows it...there isn't even a Wendys here...but we got the freakin virus??? People are panicked wearing masks at the store...I didn't need a mask as I dislike most people and don't ever get close enough to one that they could cough on me. Crap.

It's getting a little sketchy here in GA. Everything closing, stores empty. People acting irrational. Be mindful of germs and stay safe out there tortoise forum friends.View attachment 287906View attachment 287907View attachment 287908View attachment 287909
Here as well...now it's hit home and starting to get scary...

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Philly is pretty crazy, they are shutting down the schools for 2 weeks. They are doing a mandatory containment in the county next to us. I take public transportation and god forbid you sneeze or clear your throat people will give you the nastiest looks. Take care of yourselves, families and neighbors. Be especially aware of the elderly and homeless.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
New Mexico here. Northern part of state. Supposedly "unconfirmed" cases nearby. And supposedly a "confirmed" case just over the state border(about an hour away).

We have been placed under a no more than a 100 ppl gathering rule, only exception being churches. Thus places like SAMS are doing head counts. There are lines to even go in, once inside, lines to get your allotment of water, paper products, etc. ((IF they have it.))

As of Monday, schools here are closed for at least 3 weeks. And our local college hasn't yet made a determination as to what they are going to do yet. ((Our college also contains a high school for advanced kids.)) Kids are on spring break here come Monday, so I am assuming the college will make a decision once it is time to go back. Lots of push for computer/online courses, as we are an area where the kids are issued a computer in 1st grade and keep it until graduation. The college also insists all students have a computer. All sports are canceled. All academic meets are canceled. All theater shows canceled.

I "saw" this crap coming and did my shopping a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't do anything like buy enough for a year or anything. I am glad I did, as I wouldn't even currently step in any stores locally. The people in the house have enough supplies for awhile. As do the pets. This is one of those times when I am glad that I have two fridges, two freezers, and a pantry. Also glad that I grow a lot of Pistachio's food.

And whether folks like it or not. I checked the cabinets/fridges, but I also checked the ammo situation.
I am not afraid of the virus, and maybe that is dumb? I am more afraid of how people are reacting.

-Meg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Philly is pretty crazy, they are shutting down the schools for 2 weeks. They are doing a mandatory containment in the county next to us. I take public transportation and god forbid you sneeze or clear your throat people will give you the nastiest looks. Take care of yourselves, families and neighbors. Be especially aware of the elderly and homeless.
I had to sign some virus paperwork this morning before I could get into the eye doctor.
Once inside, I had a coughing/choking fit after drinking some water.
People became clearly uncomfortable