Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Out here in Las Vegas, about half the shelfs are empty in grocery stores. We are missing a lot of the stuff like Paper Products, Rice, Beans, Bottled Water. It was just dry goods but now shortages are starting to creep into fresh foods. No Russell Potatoes when we went to the grocery store today.

This whole thing seems crazy like I’m living in a war zone or the zombie apocalypse. The only disease traveling faster than the coronavirus right now is mass hysteria it seems.

I feel like I’m gonna have to start hoarding to defend myself against the mass hoarders. I need to order dog food tomorrow as I’m concerned about that running out and I need to see if I can get distilled water from one of those water stores.

I’m also starting to get concerned as my wive is suppose to give birth in about 4 weeks. Scary times to be having a baby if things get worse.
I felt sorry for my lung doctor yesterday. She's so young and eight months along also..we had a good chat anyway. She's staying upbeat for being on the frontline while pregnant. I kinda hope she'll just do a leave of absence.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The more tests being done finds more infected humans because it is spreading or is it is that it has been here for a number of time we cannot determine? I know several people who had very strong immune reactions (flue symptoms) in the past year who did not go to the dr., my 68 yr old father included. Took him almost 3 weeks to heal. Started as a very dry cough, then turned nasty in the lungs. He stayed home the entire time. Good to go now. What was that? Around the Holidays we had a ton of people out sick at work..... like being sent home. All this just reminds me of what we face every day.
At my lung doctor, by the grapevine, we all were chatting. I heard that people with flue symptoms were testing negative for the flue back in November. I too think it's been around for awhile. I'm 66 with health problems and so far I'm still here. It's not a new thing to me to wash my hands and all...I have critters. I hate leaving my home because I'm afraid I'll miss something cute and adorable. So I guess I've been in semi self quarantine for awhile too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The more tests being done finds more infected humans because it is spreading or is it is that it has been here for a number of time we cannot determine? I know several people who had very strong immune reactions (flue symptoms) in the past year who did not go to the dr., my 68 yr old father included. Took him almost 3 weeks to heal. Started as a very dry cough, then turned nasty in the lungs. He stayed home the entire time. Good to go now. What was that? Around the Holidays we had a ton of people out sick at work..... like being sent home. All this just reminds me of what we face every day.
I've had a cough, sneezing, headache and a sore throat with an inability to taste things for a few weeks. No fever. No known allergies.
But this started before any talk of the virus.
I'm 55 and relatively healthy.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
I've had a cough, sneezing, headache and a sore throat with an inability to taste things for a few weeks. No fever. No known allergies.
But this started before any talk of the virus.
I'm 55 and relatively healthy.

That does sound more like an acquired allergy, fwiw.

This year (53), I am now allergic to melon.

Dude, like. Mell. On.

I love melon...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The first "drive through" Covid19 tests around here just started at CB SMITH PARK in Hollywood.
Kelly and I were in the vacinity this morning headed out to our favorite pet supply store to stock up on live food for my Chameleons.
Even though you need a referral from your primary physician to be tested...There were so many hundreds/thousands of cars in line, that the line spun out of the park. It's a gigantic park. Down Flamingo road. Blocking both southbound lanes for miles and jammed traffic at Pines Blvd. The closest intetsection.
Clearly, this was not very well thought out. No doubt the numbers for this county will officially be much higher tomorrow.

We've been wiping down everything and cleaning our hands. But as of today are going to attempt just staying indoors.
Time to get serious.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
That does sound more like an acquired allergy, fwiw.

This year (53), I am now allergic to melon.

Dude, like. Mell. On.

I love melon...

So. It's not unheard of?
Great.
Sorry about the melon. It's pretty fantastic

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
. . . or if their house ever catches fire it'll smolder for weeks with all that T- paper!!
Oh my garsh. Well, I heard all this shutting down is clearing up some air pollution and certain waters and canals are running clear. It would be a downright stinking shame if tp resmogs US.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
To date, no confirmed cases in the far-southern part of NJ, but the first drive-thru testing site up north was blown out and turning people away (via the means of state police) after 4 hours.

So. It's not unheard of?
Great.
Sorry about the melon.

Oh yes. Your immune system can bork at any time.

Unintelligently designed.

*sniffle, wipes tear*

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes developing allergies later in life is possible. I became mildly allergic to cats after being around cats throughout life.
Good. Thanks.
I wonder if it's something in the house or in my yard?
Now that I'm retired. I've spent a lot more time around these things.
It kind of started right after I got my Chameleons set up. But there doesn't seem to be anything associated with them that would make sense.

JoeWells

Morro Bay
The first "drive through" Covid19 tests around here just started at CB SMITH PARK in Hollywood.
Kelly and I were in the vacinity this morning headed out to our favorite pet supply store to stock up on live food for my Chameleons.
Even though you need a referral from your primary physician to be tested...There were so many hundreds/thousands of cars in line, that the line spun out of the park. It's a gigantic park. Down Flamingo road. Blocking both southbound lanes for miles and jammed traffic at Pines Blvd. The closest intetsection.
Clearly, this was not very well thought out. No doubt the numbers for this county will officially be much higher tomorrow.

We've been wiping down everything and cleaning our hands. But as of today are going to attempt just staying indoors.
Time to get serious.
Wow. That’s nuts. If these things start popping up nation wide I’m sure the numbers are going to explode. If the numbers potentially rise by 50 or 100% I can see a Lot of panicked people out there. Although that’s going on already in some spots

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So. It's not unheard of?
Great.
Sorry about the melon.
I'm allergic to of all things corn. My doctor said I keep forgetting you are on a weird diet. I said it's not really weird. I just have to cook and eat real food. He just looked at me. Why in the world does everything easy to fix have to be corny?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Here in my area of GA not much has changed. Businesses are still open, no curfew, no shelter in place. The only thing they've closed is schools so far.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good. Thanks.
I wonder if it's something in the house or in my yard?
Now that I'm retired. I've spent a lot more time around these things.
It kind of started right after I got my Chameleons set up. But there doesn't seem to be anything associated with them that would make sense.
I hope you figure it out quickly. It's hard to catch an allergy like that in action to identify what it really is. It took me years to identify corn. It was giving me a fast pulse and heart problems. I'll even pass out. All kinds of crazy symptoms. Allergy doctors might be better then they used to be and doctors listen better too so. The problem is you can be exposed to tiny amounts and not feel it too much...and then one more drop does you in. What else went on about that time? It's so weird. I found out later that tea with camomile will give me the same symptoms. I'll be thinking of you.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Zero pilot: You have fir trees in your yard? Remember they can get that mold/illness stuff. My father in law was having the same issues. Allergies? Late in life? Nah!! Then the doctor said yep. And his retired cranky butt was out working in the yard and had problems all the time. So congested in his sinuses that he was a bear. Someone mentioned it to him. So he went and cut down the little “Christmas” tree and tossed it. Cleared him right up. Either the fir itself/sap/decaying cones/mold were the problem.

Mother in law was kinda ticked because she put lights and ornaments on it. But no problems since.
-Meg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve always done that I often wonder if the people around me are getting tired of hearing by hair brained ideas haha
Well...I promise the only time I talk to myself is if there's nobody around. And anybody that knows me knows better then to show up if they don't wanna chat.so it's all on them.?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I hope you figure it out quickly. It's hard to catch an allergy like that in action to identify what it really is. It took me years to identify corn. It was giving me a fast pulse and heart problems. I'll even pass out. All kinds of crazy symptoms. Allergy doctors might be better then they used to be and doctors listen better too so. The problem is you can be exposed to tiny amounts and not feel it too much...and then one more drop does you in. What else went on about that time? It's so weird. I found out later that tea with camomile will give me the same symptoms. I'll be thinking of you.
Right now cancer and kidney patients can't get a doctor visit.
I can't get a vet to see my dog.
I'll wait.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Right now cancer and kidney patients can't get a doctor visit.
I can't get a vet to see my dog.
I'll wait.
Yea I had to figure it out myself. I'm sure most of the doctors do what they can but I'm also sure that it still takes your own input. One way to start would be narrow down one thing for a few days. If you don't feel better then do it. Omit something else and see if you feel better after a few days. Then try that item again just to see. Usually I can feel the detrimental effects quickly if that's what it really is. I didn't develop my corn allergy until I was around 32 years. I didn't even suspect it at first. It was a fluke to finally figure it out. Good luck.