Video Update on Apis the Western Hermann’s! <3

tinytortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
She is very happy in that video. Good looking tort.
Thank you <3! She's been a joy to get to know thus far.
I've been really loving that she's become much less frightened by my presence, especially upon bringing leaves, all hindrance seems lost.

Really appreciate the feedback thus-far, and am always looking for criticism too, to make her home better!

drew54

Indiana
Thank you <3! She's been a joy to get to know thus far.
I've been really loving that she's become much less frightened by my presence, especially upon bringing leaves, all hindrance seems lost.

Really appreciate the feedback thus-far, and am always looking for criticism too, to make her home better!

I have a sulcata so I wouldn't be much help in that area. However, @HermanniChris could give you all you need to know.

Mine is still very timid and scared. Yes! You now are a food source. The key to a happy tort is to spoil the tort. Do you have any others?

tinytortoise

Austin, Texas
I have a sulcata so I wouldn't be much help in that area. However, @HermanniChris could give you all you need to know.

Mine is still very timid and scared. Yes! You now are a food source. The key to a happy tort is to spoil the tort. Do you have any others?

First and only so far, though a mini tortoise farm would be something I can aspire towards when space allows. Yes I’m in touch with Chris, he bred her, and following his care guide!

drew54

Indiana
First and only so far, though a mini tortoise farm would be something I can aspire towards when space allows. Yes I’m in touch with Chris, he bred her, and following his care guide!

That's even better news! I've seen a lot of his torts on this forum and they are all beautiful and do well. You're in good hands.

I'm hoping to get an Insta hatch next year. A leopard. Maybe a cherry head also. Yes, space is hopefully in the future soon so I can have my tortoise farm. Lol

What would be your next one when you are able?

tinytortoise

Austin, Texas
That's even better news! I've seen a lot of his torts on this forum and they are all beautiful and do well. You're in good hands.

I'm hoping to get an Insta hatch next year. A leopard. Maybe a cherry head also. Yes, space is hopefully in the future soon so I can have my tortoise farm. Lol

Hmm I hadn’t given it thought yet. Quite possibly, I’d focus on Tuscany locale western Hermann’s and work towards a breeding group with a secure outdoor enclosure, but no rush, I’m very content with this little baby and taking it slow.

Bee62

Germany
Update 1-6-2019, enclosure is coming along! Albeit a bit messy!
Apis seems to enjoy the extra room, having taken out the potted plants.
Your tort is looking healthy and happy and I like the enclosure. Good job what you are doing.:)
Btw: Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a very nice day.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

I would definitely recommend the Insta Hatch. It was a very cool experience!