Video of my leopard gecko laying eggs

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cool. I can't believe how much she messed with them trying to cover them. Didn't she did a hole? Just laid them on top and then tries to cover them?

Nanchantress

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico
They are bright white and sticky originally and the mother rolls them around to make the substrate stick to them and camouflage them. Sometimes she buries them afterwards, but this time she didn't. The substrate is pretty packed down at the moment since I had just added water for humidity in that hide. That might have made it harder to dig this time. I didn't realize she was so close to laying. After laying the eggs the mother provides no care to the eggs or hatchlings whatsoever.

BILBO-03

They are bright white and sticky originally and the mother rolls them around to make the substrate stick to them and camouflage them. Sometimes she buries them afterwards, but this time she didn't. The substrate is pretty packed down at the moment since I had just added water for humidity in that hide. That might have made it harder to dig this time. I didn't realize she was so close to laying. After laying the eggs the mother provides no care to the eggs or hatchlings whatsoever.
Interesting! Be sure to update if the hatch:) are you breeding for anything specific?

Nanchantress

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I'm wasn't trying to breed them on purpose. It was a noob error and for 6 months the male showed no interest in the female so I thought they were "just friends". Turns out that was just because it wasn't mating season... Oops. I am incubating a few of the eggs and if they successfully hatch I'll give the babies to friends, but I separated the parents into 2 enclosures immediately after the first surprise.