Vet check for our 5 month old Lloyd

schumacherl88

Location (City and/or State)
Durand, Michigan
We are very thankful for taking our little guy to the vet if we hadn’t he may have got worse. His shell is already soft due to him being a baby but his shell was a little too soft so a couple visits to the vet for vitamin b, d3,& e injections... we have heard and read a lot of negative comments about vets but from someone that has worked in a clinic when we were looking for a vet we looked for a vet that had high recommendations and also had plenty of knowledge on tortoises and we got lucky in the fact that they not only knew about tortoises but they also own a 20 year old sucata that lives at the clinic full time... and no these vets didn’t just say they had all this I actually got to visit with him in his domain and feel him lol since he stepped on my pinky toe and bruised it lol sooo cute so happy with our choice.... IMG_1952.jpg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
We are very thankful for taking our little guy to the vet if we hadn’t he may have got worse. His shell is already soft due to him being a baby but his shell was a little too soft so a couple visits to the vet for vitamin b, d3,& e injections... we have heard and read a lot of negative comments about vets but from someone that has worked in a clinic when we were looking for a vet we looked for a vet that had high recommendations and also had plenty of knowledge on tortoises and we got lucky in the fact that they not only knew about tortoises but they also own a 20 year old sucata that lives at the clinic full time... and no these vets didn’t just say they had all this I actually got to visit with him in his domain and feel him lol since he stepped on my pinky toe and bruised it lol sooo cute so happy with our choice.... View attachment 248520
Hope he improves. Is that his enclosure?

Ghazan

5 Year Member
- Need 80% humidity
- cover the top with foil or something
- add 2-4 inches more mulch
- add a gallon or so of water to the mulch
- spray the enclosure
- remove that center stack piece it's a fall risk
- check your temps