very sad....Pio gone now

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
This is a very sad thread for me. I can't come on here much because my husband is very sick and takes up a lot of my time. Winter is coming and it's almost time for me to bring in Solo and Pio. Solo is still young and really doesn't seem to care if he is inside or outside, as long as he gets food, but Pio demands to go back outside and will ram against her enclosure until I let her out to roam the floor. Then she will sit by the sliding glass doors and ram them wanting to go outside. It never mattered before as I had the time to spend supervising her as she roamed around the house, but now I don't have that luxury of time anymore. I had to make a very hard decision and do what was best for her, so she went to live with someone who lives in a warm climate and has a great outdoor enclosure. I know she will be loved and cared for the way I have done for the last 6 years. She came to me when she was only a few months old at a time in my life, after my son died, when I thought there was nothing to live for. She filled my life with much joy and happiness when I thought there was none.
So these are the last pictures of Pio that I took, that I will be able to share.

2mgp8p2.jpg

2aipj01.jpg

rkznfm.jpg

2i0cjn4.jpg

ib9qqc.jpg

96xhj8.jpg

Here she is in her new home have a rare treat of banana
esp4yv.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I'm so sorry that your husband is sick and that you needed to part with Pio. You definitely had her best interest in mind and she clearly had a fantastic life with you!
I'm happy that you know that she is in a great home. I'm not sure that it gets better than that. A good home is a beautiful thing.
I'm sure that if she could, she would thank you for taking such good care of her.
Take care of yourself!
Good luck.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
You are a fantastic person. Truly.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Wow Terry, I'm so sorry. I had no idea.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am very sorry about your husband and your precious Pio!! That shows how much you love her!!! The pictures of her are great! She is beautiful!! I wish I could give you a hug!! ....sounds like you could use one.

Hang in there and hugs!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. I wouldn't foster her as I know she was stressed just going to a new home and I wouldn't want her stressed any more. She is fine now, and has adjusted well. It's really ME who's devastated over this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, Terry.

Please send my best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow Terry. This is a surprise. I'm sad that you had to make this choice, but I'm not surprised at all that you only have Pio's best interest in mind.

I hope happier days are around the corner for you and yours.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Wishing you strength and courage. I am not at all suprised that you would do what is best for sweet Pio.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
I'm so incredibly sorry for everything you're going through right now....your husband being sick, and you having to say "goodbye" to Pio.

Sounds like Pio came to you when you needed her most...you two have been through a lot together. You're now giving her what she needs at this point in your lives. I'm sure she's grateful.

You are so strong an selfless. My heart goes out to you and your family.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Reading your story,I can feel the pain in your words. I am very sorry that you had to re-home one of your tortoises and also sorry about your husband.
I breed tortoises in S. Fl and I have some baby Red Foot tortoises that I recently hatched. I know you can never replace Pio, but I would be more than happy to ship you a new baby free of charge to help you adjust to not having her anymore.
Regardless of your decision, I wish you the best.
E mail me here if this is something you would like to consider...

Scott

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I know you have agonized over this happening for a long time. :( While I am sorry it came down to this, I am glad for you that you have made the hard choice and can know focus more on healing. *hugs*

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Terry,
Agree with everyone else. I know your husband has been ill for a long time but didn't realize he had become worse.
Parting with a loved animal is tough though. But at least she went somewhere good.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Terry, our hopes, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of them and yourself, and we are here to help if we can.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
She is a beautiful tortoise. Because of your care. We know you found a wonderful home for her.

Hoping the best for your husband!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Like everyone else here I am very sorry that your husband has fallen ill and that you had to part with Pio. I remember seeing pics of Pio here when I first joined and I knew that Pio was your pride and joy. I am glad to hear that Pio went somewhere that she could be happy and I hope and pray that you find happiness and good health for you and your husband.

God Bless, Bryan

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm so sorry. :( Best wishes to you and your husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.