Valentino’s Story

TortoiseRacket

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Everone meet Valentino, the rescue baby northern diamondback terrapin!

So when I got on my bus, I got an email from my local pet store owner. It read something like this:

“So the police came in today, and they brought a 3/4 inch baby diamondback terrapin with them. They found it in bad conditions during a drug bust.

He asked if I wanted it. Of course my reaction was yes! I have it in a 10 gallon tank with UVB and a heat bulb, but no filter. I bought one, but he kept getting dragged around in the current. He is very lively! I just thought I would share this...he is my valentine gift!

TortoiseRacket

New York
It didnt happen without pics. We want to see the little cutie too.
Glad the cops cared enough and that the store gave it to someone instead of keeping it.
This is a known “cop dropping off place”. They also brought a 4 foot Nile monitor in. There are many baby diamondbacks in the summer because people find em in the roads. They’re released if they’re healthy.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
He's adorable! Go with frequent water changes instead of a filter, until Valentino grows a bit more. Keep an eye on his swimming ability to make sure he doesn't get tired. Hatchlings under 1 inch SCL tire easily. You have plastic plants that he can rest on near the surface, so that's good. You will need to research about his water requirements. He needs fresh water to be able to drink, but DBTs are often found in brackish water. You may need to add a small amount of aquarium salt to his tank, from time to time, long term.