Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Joliet,IL
Just booked our tickets for July to Phoenix :D
Can't wait!
Anyone else going out of town this summer?

Niki

5 Year Member
Phx in July!! ( I live there) boy.. It's gonna be hot! Hope you are ready for 115 degrees! I do love living here, I just get sick of the heat after living here all my life. We are headed to California ( Solano beach ) in July. And taking my boys to Disneyland this month. I just need to find a turtle sitter!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Headed to Hot Springs, AR at then end of this month. Then to South Padre Island in either June or July for a little beach fun.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
After graduation, on may 24, I will be going to Maui, Hawaii for one week with my girlfriend! Then we are planning other little trips this summer. Her sister lives in Vegas so we might go there. Camping, hiking, mountain biking, anything and everything fun!

Sorry, I got excited and didn't say anything about your trips! Why did you choose Arizona, snapper? I've always heard good things about that place. But nothing positive about the weather. I am always into a good view!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am not going on any vacations but I will be traveling a lot for work. I will be in Delaware in June and August. I will be in LA in June also I think. I think I have to go somewhere else in June too and I am forgetting :p

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
What do you do for work, Kerryann? And, if you don't mind me asking, who cares for you torotise(s?). I am wondering for my future endeavors!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We did our vacation over spring break, Oahu. We like to enjoy our summers home or with family in Michigan, love the family, hate Michigan, and do our vacationing when it's cold here. Good luck in Arizona, it will be sweltering. My friend lives in Chandler, AZ, I visit her in the cooler months.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
My girlfriends grand parents have a condo and duplex out there so we are always free to stay out there, the property is in fountain hills:)
I'm not too worried about the heat, I'll take AZ July heat over the IL July humidity:p Last time I was there was 3 years ago

Niki

5 Year Member
Snapper925 said:
My girlfriends grand parents have a condo and duplex out there so we are always free to stay out there, the property is in fountain hills:)
I'm not too worried about the heat, I'll take AZ July heat over the IL July humidity:p Last time I was there was 3 years ago

Yes.. Dry heat is always better than humidity. Fountain hills is great, I live close to you- in Scottsdale. Hope you guys have fun!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Blake m said:
What do you do for work, Kerryann? And, if you don't mind me asking, who cares for you torotise(s?). I am wondering for my future endeavors!

I do IT security and compliance management with a specialty of information security. When I travel for work my husband cares for our animals. When we leave for vacation we either take them with us or we have someone house sit.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am not going on a vacation :(. I have been trying to talk my husband in to taking the family on a cruise, nothing big just mexico or somewhere close. No luck. We are looking to buy a house so I guess I shouldn't complain. Time and money are a problem this year.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am going to stay home for my 9 month vacation. :D I would like to go out in the semi in like July with Jeff. July because we have no AC at home and the truck has wonderful AC. :D Plus things with the yardwork and the animals tend to hit a slow point about then. :cool: :D A lot depends on what kind of a summer job Josh, my youngest gets.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
wow... I'm always trying to get OUT of Phoenix in the summertime. However, Fountain Hills is a nice area and close to the Bee Line highway for cooler climate..

We're going to San Diego for about 4 days, it's all I can afford; don't have the vacation time, so we do what we can, when we can.

teri

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Visiting my Dad in Florida for a week we go home tomorrow to Minnesota we had an awesome visit and the weather was perfect :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pam said:
Visiting my Dad in Florida for a week we go home tomorrow to Minnesota we had an awesome visit and the weather was perfect :)

Glad you had a nice time visiting your Dad. I use to joke that for being the sunshine state, any time I was in Florida it always was raining. :D

Snapper925 said:

I use to think nothing was worse then the combo of humidity and summer heat in Atlanta, but AZ summer heat has got to be right up there.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Should of seen my face stepping out of the airport in Phoenix for the first time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.