Vacation, what do you do with your torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
My tort's appetite and food interests also change rapidly. Some days he will like something he used to not like, will refuse a favorite food, or eat twice as much one day than another one.

auerdoan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
so cal
xfollowthereaperx said:
My Tortoise Brain Gorger is a little pain when I go somewhere. We'll be gone for a day and I figure that in the wild Torts can't eat every day because of the sometimes lack of food so I figured it was okay but I'd like to get a second opinion. I was wondering. I have two options:

1. Take him to another person's house and leave him there. Only problem is the car ride and moving him. I don't think my tortoise likes this and may cause stress.

2. Leave him at home without food for a day (is there food I can leave out for him.)
--------------------
I didnt see you mention the type of tort u have but u did mention the age

this may take time to establish and may be possible with warmer weather like here in California.
but have you ever thought about the fact that torts did live at one time and still do live outside eating ...guess what plants that grow in dirt!

but i would first do my research on the types of plants for proper health and to satisfy that little guy that depends on you to supply him with a good home

a set up that would meet all of ur torts requirements may take some to set up, But you may get a kick out of the experience and enjoy seeing ur tort live in a environment like his native home.

Good Luck -Auerdoan

Madortoise

5 Year Member
[/quote]

I wonder if it was because she mostly had spinach, and didn't like it much or got tired of it fast. So now these things that she didn't necessarily like before are seeming like very tasty things compared to it!

Godsend in disguise :p
[/quote]

Yeah, I figured that she now knows how good she has it here! No more spinach! :D In Japanese, there's a saying: if you love your child to let him/her travel (for the child to grow up.) It almost feels like that for me, having had her to stay w/relatives for a while. If it's just one day, however, I would definitely just leave her at home. Too much trouble setting up portable cages (for inside and outside) in someone's house or to have someone come tort-sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.